Like many, I’ll be part of the new player boom Empire LRP will doubtless have in its next event, and I’ve been scouring the wiki for months now, crafting costume pieces, growing more enthusiastic with each day, and kicking myself for not discovering this event sooner.
I do, however, have many questions. If you’d be so kind, answer any combination of them that you can. The less objective questions will benefit from different answers from different people, so any insight/perspective you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
1. I’ll be joining Dawn as Ozilius Brightstone, Earl-Enchanter of House Brightstone, of Astolat. Do the Earls of Dawn ever hold meetings? How many Earls are there? If your character is also an Earl, do you take to the battlefield? What’s been your favourite “Earl-moment/experience” at Empire, as in, a time when it felt really cool to be an Earl? I extend this question to other leaders of any nation. What’s been your favourite “leader moment” at Empire, when all of the extra responsibility was rewarded with a cool RP experience?
2. Magicians- how do you roleplay the consumption of a mana crystal? How big are your mana crystal phys-reps? Where do you keep them on your person? How much do mana potions normally cost? Are they affordable or super expensive?
3. Battle mages- what’s your mage armour set up? What did you do to distinguish your armour as being magical? What is a “hero belt” exactly? I only want my mage armour belt to be about 4 inches wide and have a magical-looking gemstone buckle, with some patterns and decoration on the leatherwork. Would this qualify as a mage armour belt, or must it really cover the whole abdomen, like a wrestling belt?
‘Repel’ uses a magical force to drive the target away from the caster. They must move away at a brisk walk or faster for ten seconds or until they have retreated at least 20’. If they cannot move away from the caster due to the presence of an obstacle, they must move as far as they can and then be pressed against the obstacle for the remainder of the ten second duration. While pressed against the obstacle they may talk but may take no other actions including blocking with a shield or parrying a blow.
Does this mean a repelled character can not block/parry incoming attacks for the duration of the effect? Is it a legitimate tactic to chase after a repelled target and attempt to strike them in their vulnerable state? Or is it only if they are “pressed against an obstacle” that they cannot take other actions such as blocking/parrying?
5. Is it ok to wander, in-character, into someone else’s IC camp without an OOC invitation?
6. What happens if you cast a spell, or use a Cleave/Impale on a monster like, say, a war Rhino?
7. How likely is it to be very muddy? From pictures, it looks like there was an extremely muddy- in some parts flooded- event not too long ago. Was that just a freak occurrence, or should I bring wellies?
That’s all I’ve got for now! I’m sure some answers will inspire more questions.
Thank you for your time!