Armour clarification

If you are wearing Medium armour, say a set of leather, but you put a heavy steel chain shirt under it, do you get the protection from impale?

As long as the arrow/weapon hits you on your heavy armour, yes, it counts.

I have heavy gauntlets but medium chain, so I count medium as my armour class but can resist an impale if I’m hit specifically on those gauntlets. I take the impale everywhere else.

[quote=“LauraH”]As long as the arrow/weapon hits you on your heavy armour, yes, it counts.

I have heavy gauntlets but medium chain, so I count medium as my armour class but can resist an impale if I’m hit specifically on those gauntlets. I take the impale everywhere else.[/quote]

Thankyou for your info, I was however looking for an official reply to this rule from a member of PD.

Ah, best to email them directly. :slight_smile:

if there is heavy armour between the point of impact and your body, you are protected by heavy armour.

It doesn’t stop working just because it is covered by something else, whether the something is medium leather, a light gambeson, or a non armour class garment like a shirt.

Armour will block cleave, impale and paralyse (if appropriate) even if covered by other armour.

If you’re wearing a steel mail vest, any calls of impale which will hit that vest are downgraded to single. If you’re wearing it under leather breastplate, that remains true - the impale punches through the leather and then bounces off the steel as normal.

[quote=“tea”]Armour will block cleave, impale and paralyse (if appropriate) even if covered by other armour.

If you’re wearing a steel mail vest, any calls of impale which will hit that vest are downgraded to single. If you’re wearing it under leather breastplate, that remains true - the impale punches through the leather and then bounces off the steel as normal.[/quote]

Thankyou Tea!