Brass Coast newbie looking for some people

Hi all,

So after a bit of a hiatus for previous plans to come to Empire, I’ve decided I really, really want to come to the Spring Equinox (and if all goes well, the summer solstice, although I’m already booked up to walk 100km for the NSPCC the weekend of the Autumn Equinox). I’m currently planning something along the lines of a Brass Coast Changeling, (taking a fleet as my personal resource, and artisan and shield as my skills, leaving 2 points to play with once I have more of a feel for the game and the people) and am looking for a group/family within the Brass Coast to associate with.

I am entirely new to LRP, and I appreciate that a total newbie can seem like a bit of a burden to some, and am kinda toying with the idea of just rocking up solo and making any introductions IC but find the idea a little daunting! I’ve had a look on larp.me and a group like Rumah Sayap seems to have the sort of vibe I’m looking for, but I’m taking a short break from Facebook at the moment so won’t be able to contact them through there for a week or so.

Any pointing in the right direction greatly appreciated!

Hiya!

I’ll also be playing in the Coast for the first time next event, so you won’t be the only newbie to the nation. :slight_smile: The Coast seems like a group of friendly people so far. My only concern would be that it’s hard to join a group in play as there is so much emphasis on family (and when you create your character you define your family). This may not be as big a problem as I think; I’ve not actually played an event yet so I could be wrong.

As and when your facebook break is over facebook.com/groups/481197761897569/ would be the place to find a few more people who currently play in the Brass Coast.

Leaving your two points spare is a good call, I’ve done exactly the same thing.

Good luck, and I look forward to meeting you at E2.

Being adopted into a family is something I’ve seen happen in play, so you aren’t locking yourself out of being in a family by not starting in a pre-existing one. There are also options for non-family groups, such as hakima or kohan. I wouldn’t worry about burdening other people as a new player, many people enjoy teaching new people about the setting and such, so would be happy to take you under their wing.

Thank you both for the advice- I think Kohan probably leans more towards the vibe I’m going for, if I don’t find a family group to throw my lot in with.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I have a question about syrah - I’m hoping to knit up a few cuddly toy horses to sell on the field, mostly as a way to approach people. I see that syrah is oftentimes offered before deals, and I’m wondering if a) I should carry something and b) how people handle things like veganism and allergies in this case? I’m vegan and I don’t eat honey, is there an IC way to handle this?

It’s entirely IC for people to be vegan or have allergies, just warn people of the contents just like you would do oc.

Brilliant, thanks- I was envisioning myself making a right mess of trying to ascertain whether I could eat things or not.

I am also new to lrp and Empire maybe we should all stumble in to thebtass coast together!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

I’m vegan (and therefore don’t eat honey) too - which means all my characters are Vitalists. Well worth a look as a useful IC language for veganism, vegetarianism, tee-totalism, an extreme desire for oranges, or whatever else

Thanks for this, I’ve not noticed this bit of background before. I’m tee-total so I’m going to start having my characters as Vitalists.

[quote=“Beeswax”]

. Well worth a look as a useful IC language for veganism, vegetarianism, tee-totalism, an extreme desire for oranges, or whatever else

Thanks for this, I’ve not noticed this bit of background before. I’m tee-total so I’m going to start having my characters as Vitalists.[/quote]

I glare at people and shout ‘BAD FOR VIGILANCE!!!’

Oooh interesting! Thank you!