Camp dressings

What props and stuff do people think we can add to the camp to make a more brass coast feel. Any suggestions?

More colours! Coloured lanterns, flags and decorations outside of the tents would look great. If I ever get time I’ll paint the glass in my tea light lanterns that I use for our canopy. I also have plans for more bright fabrics and outside seating, cushions and so on in bright colours.

If I had all the money in the world I’d buy a pretty coloured bell tent rather than my cream one, but that is extremely unlikely to happen…

More poster paint will fix that white problem :wink:

as an outsider visiting:

a big ass fire and more outside seating will bring flocks of people to your camp!

well, me at least.

Outside seating is always at war with the British weather,maybe some more gazebo style tents?

Yeah, I agree with big fire and more seating round it! The PD benches are great if there are some. Are they still giving a few to each nation or is is first come first served?

A covered area could work well, did you see the canopy in one of the Urizan camps (and theres some in others) its a lot like yours Cicci, I prefer the idea of those over gazeboes just for the look and feel of them, and bright colours are always a win.
I really liked the colourfulness of House Jannets new tent

I thought PD would start rationing the benches after E2 when 7 were delivered to each camp after the initial Thursday rush, hence why I built some for our tent, but I think its been first come first served, it may change in year 2 who knows.

I cant come up with any ideas specifically, but colour would be the main thing that sticks out to me.

Oh and some stands for the barrels would be good but whilst I have an idea I don’t have the time to make or space to transport so I cant offer to sort it :frowning:

I have though of a solution for the firepits that pd provide or at least on site (the cut in half oil drums) and will probably make it if I have the time but as we have a while they can wait for the mo. for those of interest I will be making stands for them to raise them of the ground and hopefully stop them burning the ground beneath. as for my own ideas I have ha an idea to either buy or make some torch stands to put around camp.

Well, I guess I could offer our shelter for use by the nation once I’ve mended it so it doesn’t fall over any more.

[quote=“Cicci”]More colours! Coloured lanterns, flags and decorations outside of the tents would look great. If I ever get time I’ll paint the glass in my tea light lanterns that I use for our canopy. I also have plans for more bright fabrics and outside seating, cushions and so on in bright colours.

If I had all the money in the world I’d buy a pretty coloured bell tent rather than my cream one, but that is extremely unlikely to happen…[/quote]

Cicci,
What kind of tent do you have?
You can paint canvas tents and get really good results without compromising the tent’s waterproofing.
Latex based kitchen& Bathroom paint thinned 1:1 with water, goes on easily, and if you use tracery rather than block colour, you get a lot of visual lift for little effort.
All these ones are western medieval, but it should give you the idea,
greydragon.org/pavilions/

Why thank you.

House Jannat will be looking to continually improve their tent and dressing, as well as furniture and everything else that we bring. OTOH, there may be a fairly significant delay before we do anything else too drastic, as while the tent was a gift, the new wooden furniture and most of the stuff inside the tent was not cheap, and my bank balance will take some time to recover from that. I’m just hoping that our effort will inspire the rest of the Brass Coast to similar achievements. If we get an event with fine weather, I suspect a lot of the stuff inside the tent will come outside to play.

At about this point I feel the need to thank the player of Felix de Tassato in the League. OC he is my lovely boyfriend, and he bought us that new tent for my birthday. Also Dilligaf for our new wooden table, chairs and benches.

The remains of a wrecked ship as a center piece (living in dreams).

I want a boyfriend to buy me lovely tents :frowning:

It’s a beige canvas bell tent which I wouldn’t bother with, but painting could work for the shelter which is just a piece of canvas, however I’m probably too lazy/short on time to do it. I do have lots of fabric and ribbons to decorate the tents with if it’s not raining.