Character Points

So, being a nub who’s never larped before I realised after my first event that having a shield is a really really good idea if you have a one hander. I’ve got one point available, but was wondering if I could drop one of my existing points to put it into shield? Or is this a no go?

Also, can you change character surname to reflect IC change? Thanks!

if you brand new to the system then PD lets you change your skills after the first event

empire.backgrounds@profounddecisions.co.uk

or

empire@profounddecisions.co.uk

failing that go see them at god before the next event.

Great. Thank you!

It may also be useful to remember that in order to use a buckler, i.e. a shield with a size of under 15 inches, you don’t need to have the “shield” skill.

[quote=“DrunkenCorsair”]if you brand new to the system then PD lets you change your skills after the first event

empire.backgrounds@profounddecisions.co.uk

or

empire@profounddecisions.co.uk

failing that go see them at god before the next event.[/quote]

PD are fairly flexible on this sort of thing - it’s not just new players, they tend to allow some flexibility for new characters and skills you haven’t used. There’s no hard and fast rule on this - it’s a judgement call of whether you’re asking for a reasonable adjustment or trying to exploit their goodwill - but it’s worth emailing in if you want to shift something you haven’t used having seen how your character actually plays.

There is also an artisan crafted item that allow shield use for free that should be within the broad price range of any PC at their second event.

profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Greensteel_Bracelets