Cool/ Silly builds?

This build is based around minimizing the amount of limited resources (hero points, personal mana, herbs, ect) being used so that you can go on a quest, be helpful, exit the sentinel gate and turn right around for more. I’ll try to make this one a bit new character friendly, so it wont have the best of the best of rituals and spells but it will have a bit more than what a new character can manage alone.

The Quester-
“Have sword, will quest”

XP:
Shield
Endurance x2 (+2 HP)
Chirurgeon (makes you more helpful when there is a lull in the fighting)

Rituals:
Skin of Bark, Blood of Amber (+3 endurance)
or
Strength of the Bull (+1 endurance for 5x less mana)

Items:
Enduring Breastplate (lets you ignore the RP effects of a traumatic wound, letting you stay in the fight as long as possible)
Pilgrim’s Shield (+1 endurance if anointed. you have to get an anointing, which is an extra cost, but there is the added bonus of giving you a source of spiritual strength)
Heavy Armour

Cost:
15 or 3 mana for an unmastared ritual cost
7 materials + cost of a 0 material item
1 liao

Results:
12, 10 or 9 HP and the ability to endure a lot of RP effects as well as a cheeky healing ability. All in all the cost is about x2 starting resources (if the ritual is cast by a master) which i think is surprisingly low for what you get. Even without the ritual (or a cheaper Strength of the Bull ) your still really tanky physically and mentally. All you would need is a quick trip to the hospital after a quest and your back up to full fighting force.

The main downside to this one is OC cost for heavy armour. If you have full plate you never have to worry about impale, but its pricey and tiring.

Another way to achieve a similar effect would be:
Tank Sentinel
Shield
Hero
Extra Hero points
Unstoppable
Stay with Me
With heavy armour 6 Base hits. Add Warriors Plate, Oakhide Tonic and Splendid Panoply takes you to 9, and using the Unstoppables gets you to the equivalent of 18. Incidentally that (plus Fortitude) is my current build :wink:.

Isnt unstoppable 3 per use?

Yes, thus 3 hero points=3 unstoppable=equivalent of 9 hits

I didn’t use unstopable for this one as i was trying not to use anything that was hard to replace (mana, hero points, ect) but yeah if i were to play this one i would really want some Unstoppable and relentless in the back pocket just in case. Irrepressible Monkey Spirit would be good for this, though its expensive.

Alternate build:

Shield
Endurance (+1 HP)
Hero
Unstoppable or Relentless

Rituals:
Skin of Bark, Blood of Amber (+3 endurance)
or
Strength of the Bull (+1 endurance for 5x less mana)

Items:
Enduring Breastplate (lets you ignore the RP effects of a traumatic wound, letting you stay in the fight as long as possible)
Pilgrim’s Shield (+1 endurance if anointed. you have to get an anointing, which is an extra cost, but there is the added bonus of giving you a source of spiritual strength)
Heavy Armour

Cost:
15 or 3 mana for an unmastared ritual cost
7 materials + cost of a 0 material item
1 liao

you lose an HP and healing ability, but you have 2 “get out of death free cards”

Relentless can be avoided with sufficient armour coverage. Skop’s Meads are great with my build, I am quite lucky that my group is awash with potions. I originally decided on this build before e1 this year as I had no group then and no idea on how easy or difficult to acquire items would be and thus wanted to have a lot of staying power without any external additions.

Hi all. So i really enjoyed doing this, so if you have a concept and want me to try a build the mechanics of the character id love to help. Especially new players who dont know all the mechanics and equipment very well yet. Silly suggestions are still welcome, but i wont provide links to all of the sources.

Can you make builds built around:

• Archery
  • Two handed weapons

?

Archery is fairly hard to build around because it mostly is self reliantI suppose something like:
I’ll keep firing

Skills:
Archery (4pts)
Hero (2pts)
Unstoppable (2pts)

Tonic:
Elixir of Exalted Puissance is your primary get as many as you can, scops mead will do in a pinch

Magic items:
Chrysalis Pendant
Wayfinder
Baersark’s Rage

Allows you to get up on full hits to live to run away again, you also can fix your own limbs to either keep mobile or keep your self able to fire. You have 5hp and 4 hero points, both of which you can refresh. .

(edited)

There aren’t really any stats which make you better at archery, to be honest. I’d suggest:

• Marksman (4)
  • Hero (2)
  • Relentless(2)

Wear heavy on your chest, and as many other locations as you are happy shooting in. Get an oathkeeper and some skops mead. Use the ability to fix limbs to keep your arms working, and stay behind your lines, and you will run out of arrows well before you run out of limbs.

For 2 handed weapons I suggest

The Dopple Soldier (Paid twice as much to live half as long)

Weapon Master (2pts)
Hero Points (2pts)
Extra Hero Point / Mortal Blow (1pt)
Fortitude (Extra Bleed out) (1pt)
Unstoppable (2pts)

Weapon- Greatsword (Butchers Cleaver, call Impale),
Armour- Heavy (Warriors Plate +1 hit)
Potions of interest: Oaken Hide Tonic (+1 Hit), Tonic of sunlight grass (+1 Bleed out)
This is a pure combat shock trooper build. You wade in like a clanking god/ess of war and more war.
Its a good build for a starting character, the Items are all 0 resource Items so should be able to get them. The potion is quite common also. The idea is to help your unit by stepping forward or flanking and felling as many people as possible in the shortest time you can. You will fall over. You can afford to wait for your mates to help you up and do it again.
Laugh at your enemies puny attempts to kill you as you walk astride their corpses.

Expanding from this, I would buy Mortal blow. Maybe a 4th hero point, some more bleed out time and then stop. Anything else is just gravy.

Shame there isn’t a hero point skill for archers…

…increase their damage call? There isn’t anything in the system above Impale…

Increased speed/accuracy? Archery is the one that relies on hard skills a lot more…

…Hero point get a ref to run over with more arrows?

Yeah, Unstoppable is probably best. For after someone runs down and scrags that damn archer…

Honestly, I think stay with me or magical healing.

You’re staying behind anyways, might as well do something when you’re out of arrows right?

My wife’s current build is archery + physick + chirurgeon, was a bit wondering if there could be a better way to do it then that. Not like she will be joining battles for our first event anyhow but that’s the idea for when that eventuality does happen.

Would clash with the design objective of no ranged calls as well

TBH the best builds for Archers is Marksman with good spacial awareness and a good set of legs to cheese it, oh and Relentless and Unstoppable.

Basically if you’re caught out you’re getting dropped no matter how good you are.

The above builds for a marksman are really good, so there isnt much i can contribute there except for picking new character friendly items and doing some really dodgy Forum-Fu.

Archer, newbie friendly

Xp:
Marksman
Hero
Relentless

Rituals:
Embrace the Living Flame (+1 Hero Point)

Items:
Oathkeeper (+1 Hero Point)
Warrior’s Plate (+1 Hp, +4 Hp heavy Armour)
Dragonbone Symbol (regain Hero points out of battle. need to be anointed)

Cost:
7 mana (if cast unmastered)
14 Materials
1 Liao

Results:
4 hero points and 7 Hp. Pretty solid imho and if you dont do the ritual its well within reach with starting resources.

Archer, Dodgy Forum Fu

Xp:
Hero
Extra Hero Point
Relentless
Unstoppable

Ritual:
This one, Though your character would have to “stumble” into finding out about its existence. IC it would be really hard to justify, so thats why its really dodgy and a bit metagamey. Wouldn’t recommend it but im just having fun here.

Items:
Ricohard’s Item list is great for an optimized character or the ones i have listed above for a newbie.

As for the two-handed build, what are you looking for specifically @Sekinok-Jal ? a tank, someone who can do a lot of cleaves and impales or maybe even a battlefield medic?

I know a new archer in Urizen who’s doing a similar thing, Marksman, Mage, Heal and extra mana just staying up the back to get people up as and when needed.But they did look at Stay with me/ Churigeon but decided they liked the mage game too much.

I had a bit of a think, what I would like to do is:

• have the artisan skill
  • be able to use a 1.5m longsword or a 60" for ease of conversion
  • preferably be able to stay alive but if possible, be able to help other people survive as well ( stay with me’s?)
  • wear heavy armour ( so no magic )

Basically thats the goal

So my build would be

-Artisan (4)
Building: Butcher’s Cleaver (0), (Anything under ten ingots that you think will sell) ,Alderman’s Edge (12), mediators mail (12).
-Hero points (2)
-Chirurgeon (1)
-Extra hero Point (1)

Lets you heal all your friends with chirurgeon to stop them bleeding to death.
Mediators mail lets you use Unstoppable which lets you get yourself up (note it is only medium armour but you can layer heavy armour over the top)
Butcher’s Cleaver lets you use the Impale skill.

I’d ritual up a bonus hero point ritual and of course the philtres of war are your friend.

You get my like just for using awash awesomely.