E3 2019 Froth Thread

Hey how was your event, I’ve just got home so I’ll post my highlights later? But you go ahead and start without me :slight_smile:. Tell us about the fun you had this time.

3 Likes

I spent a lot of time wandering round trying to find things out. I’ve now unlocked a whole new part of the game that I didn’t know existed but sort of had my suspicions about. It is fairly exciting. It isn’t on the level of finding out about conspiracies and things like that but my character now has some new things to look into.

4 Likes

This was my first time getting properly involved rather than just experiencing, I met and created a new friendship group with various others, got involved with battle captaining as a second, had my first ritual and attended Navarr songs and stories.

Very wild event.

1 Like

It was alright. Got a few slow burn plans happening, so this one was more of a ‘There to keep the ball rolling’ type of event.

tell you what though, weather was perfect. Ok, Thursday was far too hot, but that server to dry out the ground enough that the light drizzle that happened periodically didn’t case much (If any) mud.
Because of the cloud, the temperature was perfect - Not so cold that we are chained to fires, but not so hot that wearing full armour to battle was like being waterboarded by your own sweat.

Although most people I spoke to lamented the loss of the Friday to Monday events.

I get that there are reasons for them to be shorter (Timings off Bank Holidays, Logistical and operational costs etc) but I still reserve the right to wish it were longer :smiley:

2 Likes

Great event for me, especially after a less-than-amazing E2.

I cast an Arcane Projection. This was a big goal for me, so really pleased I’ve finally checked it off my list. Now to see the fallout.

The battle on Saturday was great, the unit I am part of always seems to punch well above our weight.

Monstering on Sunday was also great fun, nice to play Grendel for a change!

I got to play with a pair of hilarous magic items. Handing them to people and then watching their reaction when they read the roleplaying effects was priceless.

1 Like

Thank you for giving me so much game. I looked a lot of it up when I got home and I now know what it may or may not be connected to. I think the majority of what I did that event was to do with the rumour you told me. It got me to learn about so many new things, it was great, thank you.

1 Like

Ah, are you the orange-clad Brass Coaster in the mask?

1 Like

Highguard punching other nations in the hearth magic.
Singing and playing my guitar while being fed sausage.
Being asked to do Priest Skills by some delightful Freeborn simply because they wandered into the Hub and asked the first Highborn they saw if we were priests. Cue several hours of fun RP.
Highguard-Urizen poise-off.
Flirting with a certain Freeborn egregore.
Highguard (potentially) punching its own doctrines in the face.
Did I mention the singing?
Singing.

1 Like

I am. I’m slowly adapting my costume so I look more freeborn but I like the masks so I’ve decided to keep them.

The skirmishes to Ossium were great, even if I think only 1 varushkan even managed to make it through the gate for the 2 that went out there (i’d love to be wrong on that however :slight_smile: ). It’s also been really fun running around learning about sovereigns for 2 days only to learn the brass coast have managed to really upset one of them, going to make for a very fun time trying to calm it down.

Oh, and that’s not including the new one that we’re trying to fix for Ossium. Too much sovereign business happening all at once, thought we might get a nice peaceful cozy autumn :).

2 Likes

We beat our previous record for Judgements! 131 compared to last event’s 126.

I got to announce the results of a Writ of Excommunication! Unfortunately, the target was deceased.

I also announced a Revocation which caused someone to run screaming from the Hub, so that was fun.

3 Likes

My Grendel Stoneborn lasted the entire battle as a line soldier. 3 mends, 6 top-ups, 2 fixed limbs and one emergency ‘stay with me’. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 mends, 6 top-ups, 2 fixed limbs and one emergency ‘stay with me’.

The Sunday was the most healing I’ve ever dished out in a battle, at one point I had to scream at some thralls to find me another Sky Mage just to help me deal with the pile of injured.

1 Like

Lots of good moments, but I think the one that stands out as darkly hilarious was “prevented a pair of inept foreign assassins from killing the wrong Cardinal as collateral stabbage”.

1 Like

Did they kill the right Cardinal instead?

No, the right cardinal was standing in a well-lit tent surrounded by armed buddies.
Me: floops on cushions sipping mead
Cardinal A: Hello Brother Martin
Me: -_- oh no
Cardinal A: I think those people are not so much Pride pilgrims as cultist assassins here to stab me. Could you please insight them whoops they’re gone.
Me: shrugs
FROM OUTSIDE, DIVERS CALAMITIES, SCREAMS.
Me: is straight out the door with a wand drawn. Spots 2 assassins on the floor and one honest citizen. Pokes honest citizen with healing stick. Heads back inside. Notices suspiciously deep shadow near door
Me: UGH… WYR RHYV XUN! SWIFT HEAL!
Cardinal B: Wharrrgarbl. gets up off floor and staggers into the Hub
Me: WELP

6 Likes

I sold many many snacks. I think I made over a half a throne selling baked goods (made by my lovely and talented wife) to hungry Larpers. My small son made about 5 rings by being cute at customers.

I got my shiny enchanted item and got to cut loose in the Saturday battle:
Shouty Earl: “Dawn! Break All The Things!!”
Me: “Spell vocal! Shatter! Repeat x 5!”
(Jotun back away clutching their weapons protectively)
Ref: “Dude, WTH…”

4 Likes