Finding out more about Purity

My wiki-fu is failing me. Does anyone know where to look for information on Purity (as a false virtue, dropped by the Highborn some time before the formation of the Empire)?

The word purity comes up so often that I can’t find what I’m looking for!

Someone is researching it based on synod judgements.

381 Summer Solstice Synod Judgement 50 General Rewarding. We award Astrid Rezia 5 thrones for historical research into a true liao vision which revealed information on the subject of the false virtue of purity also called hatred. Astrid Fjellrevening Rezia di Tassato Upheld 590 - 168

Might be worth looking for hatred as a false virtue instead? Not many details I think.

Yeah, I found that too, but didn’t give me much of a lead.

I’m not researching it in character, or I’d totally be finding Astrid on the field. I just had a music inspiration idea but need wiki-facts to back me up.

But if I can’t find anything I have other plans. Plans might be the death of me but at least it stops me having to deal with real life. Displacement activity, go!

if you can’t find official facts make it up!!

You said it had something to do with the Highborn, ignoring inconvenient history that doesn’t look virtuous enough is one of their things! (One that the Urizen argue about but hey what do they know?)

Indeed, Archivists are known for this!

I’m loath to make stuff up if there is little reason for it to exist in uptime. I know it’s a Highborn thing, and I know their historians like to prune their history quite well, so perhaps I should just let it be.

I was listening to Hildegarde von Bingen and the shape is the music said ‘Purity’ to me. It does seem unlikely that anything about Purity as a Virtue would have survived but the words could have been updated to reflect the rejection of it… meh. I think I’m overthinking everything today.

You might also want to look at the Ylenrith page if you’re just looking for IC purity-related themes rather than necessarily Purity as a Virtue?

The other connection that springs to mind is the link between Purity and Music that is the Day Eternal Ylenrith.

You beat me to it. :smiley:

Thanks both, but it’s Purity as a ex-Virtue that’s my thing. :slight_smile:

I don’t believe there is anything (currently) on the wiki at all.
(Aside from the aforementioned

“50
General
Rewarding. We award Astrid Rezia 5 thrones for historical research into a true liao vision which revealed information on the subject of the false virtue of purity also called hatred.
Astrid Fjellrevening Rezia di Tassato
Upheld 590 - 168”

And this links into:
https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Malign_spiritual_presences#Hatred

Hatred
There was some significant debate within the Early Synod before auras of hatred were deemed unvirtuous. Its proponents argued that it was a powerful and motivating force that spurred mortal hearts into action. It was ultimately ruled to be in conflict with the more widely recognised and respected Virtue of Wisdom, being irrational and indiscriminate in its nature. However, there are False Gods and Blasphemous Cults that still seek to use these auras as a means to control mortal souls.

But there may well be a few leads to follow up in play.

Huh. I wonder where I got this from then. I’m pretty sure I didn’t pick it up IC because it’s not something Renata would be all that interested in (and as a Changeling who is quite proud of herself she would not be in favour of Purity making a comeback).

It’s going to be some flyaway flavour text hidden in an unrealated page somewhere, isn’t it. Actually, I bet it’s on a Freeborn page somewhere, maybe related to Honesty as a Virtue. thinks

EDIT: I give up! It isn’t, as best I can tell! I’ll just have to stumble upon it whilst looking up something entirely unrelated in the future.