Highguard Camp Layout S2 E3 July/Summer

Finally.

i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u374/russak1/HGS2E3_zps8141f66e.jpg

The east end of the camp is necessarily vague, as there’s still some uncertainty about numbers of tents and how much dry land will be available. Let me know if there are any errors/omissions or serious problems. If you have PD-hired tents, come find me before you start thinking about putting them up. I want to run through some techniques/hints and tips before we get stuck in.

Felix’s Watch
5m x 7m Burgundian
5m x 5m Marquee
5m dia Pavillion x2
5m Bell x 1
4m Bell x 2

Cantiarch’s Hold
Army 3-poler - PD hire to Nathan Hoyle.
8m x 4m awning.
6m Emperor
4m Bell X 3
5m Bell x 4
3m bell x 2

Storm’s Fury
Saxon tent 3mx4m

The Mirror Pool
5m Bell x 1

Silent Tide
Group tent 6m x 6m
[many] Bell tents

The Cenotaph
15m x 20m marquee x1
5m bell x2
3m bell x1

The Shattered Tower
PD double Garage Tent - (Booked in name of John Neal)

• Attached 4m x 8m Awning
    PD Large Burgundian - (Booked in name of Andy Nutbeen)
  • Attached 4m x 4m Gazebo
    4m Bell
    3m Bell

The Cohort of the Winter Bear
5m x 10m (+ guys) marquee
1x 5m bell.

If the marquee could be short-end on to the square/street, with the bell behind, that’d be grand.

The Scions of Ravensfell
1 x 7m bell tent with the 4m x 4m awning beside it (if possible)
1 x 4m bell tent
1 x 2m x 3m tent
1 x 3m x 2m Saxon tent

The Suns of Couros
5m bell tent x2
7m x 5m marquee (long edges have the main openings)
3m x 5m Geteld

The Unbound Chapter
3m x 3m Gazebo

The Chapel
PD 5m pavillion (black and gold) - Henry Sullivan

Reumah’s Redoubt
5m Bell
3m Bell

We will not, at this point in time, have a Bell Tent hired by PD, so the Unbound are off the list for now. However, we are taking care of the Chapel this time, I think?

I’m going to see what I can do to source us a suitable IC camping… thing.

Basically, this post is useless except to say that the Unbound no longer have a bell tent. I should probably shut up now.

I’m checking with the rest of the group but this is what I think we will have at the next event;

The Cenotaph - Necropolis
15m x 20m marquee x1
5m bell x2
3m bell x1

[quote=“Nathanael”]We will not, at this point in time, have a Bell Tent hired by PD, so the Unbound are off the list for now. However, we are taking care of the Chapel this time, I think?

I’m going to see what I can do to source us a suitable IC camping… thing.

Basically, this post is useless except to say that the Unbound no longer have a bell tent. I should probably shut up now.[/quote]

!! Not at all useless! Any data, even negative data that might later be superceded is useful data. Thanks. Let me know if anything changes.

[quote=“JoeRigley”]I’m checking with the rest of the group but this is what I think we will have at the next event;

The Cenotaph - Necropolis
15m x 20m marquee x1
5m bell x2
3m bell x1[/quote]

Gotcha.

Cantiarch’s 3 poler is under the name of Nathan Hoyle I believe.

Yup CH marquee is booked under Nathan Hoyle. The rest of our list looks sensible. I’m asking for confirmation from my lot as we speak.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Redoubt and the Egregore will have a 3m and 5m bell this time.

Hullo!

The Unbound now have a 3m x 3m gazebo which will, for now, be our IC home. As we’re managing the chapel (still need to confirm the details of this - what is required from us?), could we please have our IC tent near to the Chapel or near the front of the camp?

Thank you!

Nathanael - I’ve bumped the FB thread on the Chapel but anyone interested can see it here; m.facebook.com/groups/208819129 … 0704845589

OC: Henry Who Hates Forums

IC: Brother Jared of the Suns of Couros Chapter, Highguard; Steward of the Dead, Magister of Winter, Cardinal of the Path of Loyalty

Nathanael

I hope your gazebo is canvas and doesn’t look too modern. From the wiki

[quote]…modern dome tents and party tents may not be pitched in the in-character area. Some fabrics that are part plastic or impregnated with plastic are fine; materials like polyhemp are positively ideal for guy ropes at Empire. But tents that are obviously synthetic, such as those made of nylon or any material that is sufficiently plastic that it becomes glossy and highly reflective cannot be used in the in-character area.

The standards are much more demanding for tents in the in-character area because modern tents are very disruptive to the immersion of the event.[/quote]

Cohort of the Winter Bear will have:

15’x30’ marquee (yes, that’s feet and not meters!)
1x 5m bell.

Both needing room for guys etc as well, naturally.

If the marquee could be short-end on to the square/street, with the bell behind, that’d be grand.

So noted.

Added to list.

[quote=“Nathanael”]
The Unbound now have a 3m x 3m gazebo…[/quote]

Understood.

Near the Chapel should be doable, according to the plan that’s accreting in my head. For my camp planner part, I’ve no “requirements” from you for the upkeep of the Chapel, though if you could bring a mallet with you so it’s handy for repegging any bits of wall brailings that come undone, that’d be helpful.

[quote=“Andy”]Cohort of the Winter Bear will have:

15’x30’ marquee (yes, that’s feet and not meters!)
1x 5m bell.

If the marquee could be short-end on to the square/street, with the bell behind, that’d be grand.[/quote]

Noted and converted to metre… :slight_smile: I’ll see what I can do about that arrangement. The bell might need to be making a “d” shape, next to the back half of the marquee, hooking in behind another smaller group’s camp, but there might be enough width.

Scions of Ravensfell - Bastion

It would be great if we could pitch the awning beside the main bell tent rather than in front of it if possible at E3, the other tents would then tuck in behind these.

1 x 7m bell tent with the 4m x 4m awning beside it (if possible)
1 x 4m bell tent
1 x 2m x 3m tent
1 x 3m x 2m Saxon tent

[quote=“asm03”]Scions of Ravensfell - Bastion

It would be great if we could pitch the awning beside the main bell tent rather than in front of it…[/quote]

I’ll try, but that’s a lot of frontage unless you can shorten the guys on the shelter considerably.

[quote=“womble”]

I’ll try, but that’s a lot of frontage unless you can shorten the guys on the shelter considerably.[/quote]

We understand about the space constraints and limited ‘frontage’, so will have a look at how to get the bell and awning as close together as possible.

Shattered Tower Tents are slightly changed for E3. They will be:

PD double Garage Tent - (Booked in name of John Neal)

• Attached 4m x 8m Awning
    PD Large Burgundian - (Booked in name of Andy Nutbeen)
  • Attached 4m x 4m Gazebo
    4m Bell
    3m Bell

Hiya,

There are a couple of additions for the Suns this event:
5m bell tent x2
7m x 5m marquee (long edges have the main openings)
3m x 5m Geteld

Best,

Luca

Everyone really is bringing every stitch of canvas, aren’t they! And you won’t fool me with your Saxon tentage nomenclature. My Google-fu is equal to the challenge (and I kinda suspected that it was what it is too) :slight_smile:

In four weeks time we’ll have been setting up Highguard stuff for a few hours by now. Any more for any more before I start roughing out a first draft?