How do Synod votes work?

Say i am an Urizen priest of Loyalty with a congregation that provides 10 Synod votes. Does this mean i can put 1 vote in 10 judgments across all assemblies per summit (or 10 votes in 1 judgement)? 1 vote in 10 judgments across the general, Loyalty and Urizin assemblies per summit (10*3=30)? Or 10 votes in any judgment i wish to participate in during the summit?

so as a Priest of the Synod you have your Votes and your Judgement.

Your Judgement is a statement or similar that gets voted on. You have 1 per summit and can raise it in any assembly you are a member of. (in your case the Loyalty Virtue assembly, the Urizen National Assembly and the general Assembly.)

Your votes are determined by the size of your Congregation (10 votes at base). You can use these on any Judgement that has been raised in an assembly you are a member of. Each judgement gets 10 votes, either for or against as you wish, which you cast by speaking to the Tribune, the NPC who takes care of it. So it is your last option

All that out of the way. I look forward to seeing you on the field in Urizen and debating with you in the national assembly.

1 Like

So, any judgment i see in an assembly i belong to i can put 10 votes on? (10 votes each on 17 different general assembly judgments, 10 votes each on 11 different Loyalty assembly judgments and 10 votes each on 3 different Urizen assembly judgments)

Thank you, but i was just asking out of curiosity as i couldnt seem to find an answer on the wiki. it was a little vague.

Absolutely correct. think of it less as individual votes and more as the strength behind your name, so any judgement you put your name to the weight behind it remains the same.

1 Like

ok, so its not a finite number of paper ballots you have but the strength of your megaphone. Thank you.

3 Likes

Literally the number of people in your congregation, as head counted by the civil service, you vote for the people you represent.

If you have your congregation upgraded either ritually or with materials then you attract more people to your sermons and your teaching so the civil service gives your voting choices more weight.

I’ve never seen that mentioned, is there any citation that it’s the literal number of people you have?

It’s definitely meant to be proportional to the number of people, but it doesn’t say it’s exactly the number of people in it. “This makes them eligible to raise one judgement per summit and to vote on judgements raised by other Synod members. Votes are based on the size of the congregation - the larger the flock that a priest tends to, the more votes they receive.”

3 Likes

The idea is also mentioned in the text for how the congregation buff ritual [https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Mantle_of_the_Golden_Orator] works.

Votes broadly represent the size of your congregation, but they are not afforded on a literal 1-vote-per-person-in-congregation basis.

4 Likes

Declares bias / interest - there is at 3pm on the Friday each event at the Hall of Worlds a talk about Synod and how it works. You may find it worthwhile going…

2 Likes

I’m glad this post is here, I almost asked the same question.
For further clarification, If I saw a judgement could I choose to vote not with a full 10 votes? if I supported something moderately, could I instead vote with 5 or 6 rather than 10?

1 Like

I don’t believe this is possible - I’ve certainly never heard of it happening, and the wiki makes no reference to it.

I think the system is designed so it’s not a number of “votes” you have as such, but rather a measure of your voting power or influence, which might carry more strongly than others.

It is, however, possible to raise a motion and vote against it.

1 Like

No, you either vote for or against a judgement. There’s no provision for half-votes. The 10 is an indication of how much sway you have due to the people who follow your priest, not actual ‘votes’.

3 Likes