Imperial Titles on the Wiki

Hullo!I’ve started a new thread because there is discussion going on on the old thread that has derailed it slightly.

If you can spot any errors with Imperial titles in places such as (this then please use this thread to let me know. It’s generally quicker than e-mailing PeeDee.

The reason we make so many errors is because we engage in a game of “chinese whispers” where IC names are involved, and by the time they get to me the spelling has often become … eccentric.

“The Canterspire Circle is held by Robert Shanks (90 crowns & 5 rings)”

Is actually held by Thomas Shanks.

Nobody would ever trust me with so much weirwood!

Sorted.

In the stub for Titles Winter 377, the general of the Army of the Citadel is recorded as being up for re-election.
However, they were elected in Summer 377 and the Urizen Military Concerns page confirms that the Summer Solstice is the regular schedule for their re-election.

How do we reconcile?

I think they were elected due to the death of the old General.

There was the emergency election for the general of the Army of the Citadel in Winter 376, and then there was the normal election for general in Summer 377.

Both General Tamwyn Ankarian and former General (there really ought to be a term for this) Decius of the Celestial Cascade are alive, as of the end of the Autumn 377 gathering. As such the election for the next general should not be until Summer 378, barring revocation by the synod.

[quote=“Ricohard”]
and former General (there really ought to be a term for this) [/quote]

Hmm… are Imperial Titles like American titles, where a president, senator, governor, general etc… are still referred to by their title after they have vacated the position?

Obviously Emperors/Empresses are still referred to unto eternity by their title… but does that apply elsewhere?

[quote=“DHosein”]

[quote=“Ricohard”]

Hmm… are Imperial Titles like American titles, where a president, senator, governor, general etc… are still referred to by their title after they have vacated the position?

Obviously Emperors/Empresses are still referred to unto eternity by their title… but does that apply elsewhere?[/quote]

Professors who have retired are referred to as “Professor emeritus”. I suppose it wouldn’t be appropriate for all nations?

[quote=“DHosein”]

[quote=“Ricohard”]

Obviously Emperors/Empresses are still referred to unto eternity by their title… but does that apply elsewhere?[/quote]

If we start referring to former generals as General, things are going to start getting confusing fast, I suspect :stuck_out_tongue:

WRT The Army of the Citadel one … that’s very odd. I have no idea how it ended up on the list given that the Urizen Military Concerns page is very clear it is re-elected in Summer.

How peculiar.

Andy - the “Appoint Minister of Historical Research” motion was proposed by Morrow, seconded by Astolat (the wiki has this the other way around).

The term of office was also discussed in the senate meeting, and was said to be for life unless revoked. I remember this as a conversation was had on what would happen on the death of the office holder – the outcome was that the senate would elect a replacement at that time. With the wiki saying “More powerful titles are usually subject to re-selection on an annual basis” and the main entry saying “The minister serves for one year” has this now changed? I was expecting it to be permanent, but I’m guessing conversations might have happened at PDHQ that have limited the role.

[quote=“Iulian”]

[quote=“DHosein”]

Obviously Emperors/Empresses are still referred to unto eternity by their title… but does that apply elsewhere?

Professors who have retired are referred to as “Professor emeritus”. I suppose it wouldn’t be appropriate for all nations?[/quote]

But perfect for Urizen.

[tangent]

This should be a perfectly acceptable feature of the game. While there is no intention for Empire to be “historically authentic”, nevertheless, the historical realisation of standardised spelling sits a good long way outside any of its influence-bases. Plus, to misquote Twain, I don’t trust a citizen who can only think of one way to spell a word. It shows a lack of imagination.

We in PLV have taken to asking for “Citizen’s Identification Numbers” to put on our paperwork so we’re not having to remember spellings. Ironically, the numbers we deal with are so small that we don’t forget people anyway - but it still helps.

Is it not an acceptable break from reality to use such a device?

[/tangent]

Arg! I note that my previous incorrect entry of “General Olaf” which had been corrected to “General Olaf Gregorson Strascovch” a few weeks ago has now somehow reverted to the previous incorrect hillbilly title of “General Olaf” again…

How very odd! My apologies.

Ah thats “Current Imperial Titles” and I never bother to look at that or remember it exists. That explains it :slight_smile:

Apologies. Not quite an Imperial Titles potential error, but this seemed the most relevant place to flag it up. At odds to what the wiki says, only the first three fortification measures undertaken by the Senate were supervised by the Senator for Mitwold, the remaining six are the headache of the Senator for Upwold (Seren, Delev, and Lacre thus far).

Could you link me the appropriate pages? Sorry but I am snowed under atm/far too lazy.

As requested:

profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Miaren
profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Karov
profounddecisions.co.uk/empi … Semmerholm

The sections on Seren, Delev and Lacre respectively.

Right I think that is now corrected to Upwold/Henry Ward. Where appropriate.

Not strictly a title issue, but…
The Sweetglades region in Therunin is said to be held by the Valorn, but lacks the Valorn keyword. Does this mean that it lacks the usual “you need to destroy the Valorn influence before this region can be taken”?