"Infusions of Feathers" potions- stories of their use

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had stories of using any of the Infusions of Feathers potions- Ravenwing, Magpie or Goosewhisper Infusion- that they’d like to share (particularly the former two)? I’m considering picking up the potion recipes for my Kallavesi character, but I’m having difficulties envisioning their use in-play.

Many thanks!

I’ve only had one Feathers experience, Goosewhisper, and I enjoyed it very, very much (being a Naga meant I could role-play it to the hilt). It gave me an interesting vision after which I sought out someone in the appropriate nation to pass it on to so it gave me a bit of game too. In honesty I have no idea how useful the visions were, but I really enjoyed the role play experience. My [IC] family have since declared that I seem to have a slight addiction problem as my ears prick up whenever it is mentioned.

A+, would Goosewhisper again.

We quite regularly provide Goosewhisper to people as a premium service in our Chamber of Delights. I’ve sampled it a couple of times myself - and it’s always a fun and interesting bit of roleplay, whether or not I can puzzle out who the vision is relevant to. :slight_smile:

I purchased 3 Ravenwing Infusions at the last event, used two - had a great time with them, but can’t be more specific outside of a field.

The Braided Skein sect selects one of their members at random to consume a gooswhisper potion and then share the vision. We then invite anyone else who’s had a vision to share theirs as well.

There are a couple of groups that are trying to collect as many of the Goosewhisper visions together each event in order to piece together what’s going on,

It’s a lovely little plot tool with added RP effects, I’d highly recommend trying one for yourself and if you like it, purchase the recipe :smiley:

[quote=“Paul_Cat”]There are a couple of groups that are trying to collect as many of the Goosewhisper visions together each event in order to piece together what’s going on,

It’s a lovely little plot tool with added RP effects, I’d highly recommend trying one for yourself and if you like it, purchase the recipe :smiley:[/quote]

I hope you’re aware (at least OC) that Goosewhisper draws on the same vision pool as Signs and Portents.

I personally think Goosewhisper is cooler, and have more fun administering it, but if you want to get as many as possible a big S&P casting is one of the best methods.

[quote=“tea”]
I hope you’re aware (at least OC) that Goosewhisper draws on the same vision pool as Signs and Portents.

I personally think Goosewhisper is cooler, and have more fun administering it, but if you want to get as many as possible a big S&P casting is one of the best methods.[/quote]

OC yeah, but my last character was an apothecary (among other things) so i’ve always just referred to them as goosewhisper visions! :smiley:

I am probably going to end up with something of a goosewhisper habit - as a pure Day Mage I can’t cast Signs & Portents, but the visions are incredibly useful. That said, I know a few solo night mages who use the potions rather than casting, because [REDACTED]

Plus it gives me an excuse to sit somewhere relatively quiet in an IC area for half an hour, which is at a premium nowadays!

EDIT: Thinking about it, as a member of a Wisdom Sect that consists almost entirely of pure ritualists, we should probably make more use of Ravenwing Infusion than we do. I should probably remember to acquire some next event…