Large Creatures

Large creatures are not affected by heroic/magic calls, but are their weapons (if they have any) affected by Shatter?

They were in the last fight I was in. At least their shields were. I can’t remember if any of their weapons got shattered, but I think it was likely. Whether that’s how it’s supposed to be, I don’t know for sure.

Edit: silly misinformed Ogres taking weapons off of us poor orcs

Claws and Teeth on a Wolf or Drake? Those are part of the Large Creature. So there.

The Weapons and Shields of Large Creatures are immune to calls just like they are.

There was a mis-brief to the contrary given at a previous event to the Monster, but that has now been resolved.

[quote=“Graeme”]The Weapons and Shields of Large Creatures are immune to calls just like they are.

There was a mis-brief to the contrary given at a previous event to the Monster, but that has now been resolved.[/quote]

Probably worth amplifying, down the line, since the fight I was merrily shattering Ogres’ shields in was the Monday one at E2 this year, so there’s not been much opportunity to remind the big-monster-crew that their shields aren’t supposed to be vulnerable.

^Deffo.

Especially where tall players doing their Monster quota are being used for the Large Monsters. The Ogres of E6 were picking up weapons from dual wielding orcs due to shatter and the like, it seems as though it was a popular view as it was mentioned by one of the Ogres at E5 too.

Someone tell PD we want to be able to spend xp on super hero calls that work on giants. :slight_smile: