Making Cuddly Toys!

To add to my already massive to do list, I’m considering creating a line of plushies to sell at Empire, 6 cute little animals, each representing the 6 realms of magic!

I’m not a beginner to sewing, however I’ve not made my own patterns, at least not in a very long time. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or links that might help towards me learning how to design my own patterns?

Also, these are the animals selected so far: A Wolf for Winter, a Ram or a Goat for Autumn, A Winged Serpent for Night, and a Lion or Stag for Summer. Any suggestions for Day and Spring?

3 Likes

How about a Fish for Day and a Spider for Spring?

Spring mushroom!

I’ve considered both of those actually! But I’m wondering if a spider might not sell to well. Not exactly popular. As for a Fish, which one in the question 8/

Hare for Spring would be on-theme but potentially key into some Amusing Controversy. This may be a disadvantage or a bonus. :wink:

Fish: whale? Something glittery with scales? Squid or octopus?

1 Like

A deer or lamb for spring. A sparrow for Day

1 Like

What if the fish was a carp? I’m thinking a big rainbow Koi…

As for Spring… a rabbit with a cute fluffy expression, and fangs… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Spring definitely needs to be some sort of bug / minibeast - if you’re not happy with spider (I would definitely buy one, but Marisa is a bit of an odd case when it comes to creepycrawly things…) maybe something cuter like a ladybird or some sort of fat round beetle?

Definitely a plush whale for Day (Leviathan is well known for being a giant whale you see).

This is a good reference - Tiny Floating Whale | Steven Universe Wiki | Fandom :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was actually thinking perhaps a bunny to ever so slightly dodge controversy XD

3 Likes

How about a cuddly mushroom for Spring? Sure it’ll go down great in Highguard…

2 Likes

Oh dear.

1 Like

I always associate a white stag/hart with Winter, though I suppose you could be cliche and do a wolf too :stuck_out_tongue:

I like doggos, sue me xp

1 Like