Need some Way of Virtue quotes

Hi all, I have something planned for Y2/E3 but to pull it off I need inspirational quotes based on The Way of Virtue.
Any quotes relating to The Way or to individual paths would be really really useful.

Thanks

Mara

3 good ones from the Urizen Brief:

Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage.
(profounddecisions.co.uk/empi … us_beliefs)

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others.
(profounddecisions.co.uk/empi … y_concerns)

In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.
(profounddecisions.co.uk/empi … _interests)

If you want verse and don’t mind editing out the occasional Jesus then I’ve found this index of shapenote songs to be a fantastic source, especially for Highguard. Use the specific word search for each virtue or its synonyms, eg. fasola.org/indexes/1991/?w=courage

One from the field for Vigilance:

“Victory and defeat are both just distractions from our duty.”

When we were working on the common marcher sayings we found it a lot of fun to do a google search for things like “puritan sayings” or “quotes about X” and then recast them in an Empire context.

Some good ideas for quotes might be found on the pages of the historical emperors and empresses as well as various Paragon pages.

I like Emperor James’ famous “The way to deal with vermin is to build a fence. And take a spade to the heads of any who cross that fence. And sometimes to head out with your household and hunt the vermin back to their lairs and remind them why they are afraid to come into your garden.” for a Vigilance quote

he also said “The Empire is a family; and sometimes it might seem that I fight with my brother; but woe betide the stranger who seeks to get between us for I will hold his arms while my brother punches him.” which is a nice Loyalty or Pride story. Someone really should make that man an Exemplar.

I also quite like Paragon of Ambition Aldones di Sarvos said:

“surround yourself with exceptional people, and make them love you.” which is a nice way to suggest Loyalty, Pride and Ambition

“aim for sky but hit the sun” is an obvious Ambition thing about doing better than you expected

“talent is no substitute for hard work” is another good Ambition one I think, perhaps his best

he also said “There is only one true insult you can offer (to a citizen of our League) – ‘unremarkable’” and that works I think for both Ambition and Pride without needing the League bit on the end.

“Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.”- There is more to wisdom than assimilating information.

“It is the false shame of fools to try to conceal wounds that have not healed.”- Pride is not just about your successes.

"He is most free from danger, who, even when safe, is on his guard. "