Participation

Can anyone suggest a way to get a mage, without the correct lore, to count as a participant in a ritual please.

Do the various items of +lore work if you have no lore skill ?

ta

Mark

The classic method is to purchase a Syphon of Stars as your covenstone, which will grant anyone who hasn’t mastered the ritual a rank of lore.

In general, the difference is between “Gain one rank” and “Gain one additional rank”. The former will work on someone with no relevant ranks, the latter will not.

Other ways to gain +1 lore:

[ul]
]Enchantment/:m]
]Potion/:m]
]Ring/:m]
]Staff/:m]
]Regio/:m]
]Serpent’s Stone/:m][/ul]

Enchantments are unclear. My suspicion, based on Fire in the Blood, is that they do not work if you have no relevant lore (Sift The Dreamscape’s Sands looks most likely to be the exception here). Please email or ask at the event for further clarification.

Potions explicitly give you +1 lore if you have the relevant lore already.

Rings grant additional ranks, and require you to have a rank of the relevant lore already.

Staffs grant ranks, and I think work on anyone.

Regio grants an additional rank, and requires you to have the relevant lore already.

Serpent’s Stone boosts a skill you have, so I believe requires you to have the relevant lore.

This is just my private musings, not official ref-ly opinion. Please email or ask at the event if you want specific information.

Check the item descriptions. Potions require a rank of lore to work, other items I think work as long as you have Magician?

I am 90% confident that the serpent’s stone, and the rings require you to have the lore.

I am unsure on staffs, but about 75% confident you do not have to have the lore.

I am very unsure on enchantments, and it might occur differently in on different ones.

I am absolutely certain that potions and the regio require you to have the lore, and I am absolutely certain that the syphon of stars does not.

Rings say ‘additional’ in the detailed description, but gain 1 rank in the summary list…
Staves and masks just say gain 1 rank.

But.
Syphon of stars actually says additional rank… but the detailed description is very clear that it works on mages who don’t
have the lore… or indeed any lore.
So I’m back to ‘email PD’ as an answer :slight_smile:

Masks help too

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk