Possible trade

Hi everyone
I’m hoping to start LARPing for the first time at the september event (money and fitness allowing)
looking at some of the posts on the facebook pages 18 rings isn’t going to last long if i’m using it to buy food and drink as well as in game equipment so i was thinking about making and selling some things to trade.
I’m a pretty damn good knitter so obviously I want to knit stuff but i’m not really sure what kinds of things to make
any ideas would be appreciated
I’m hoping for fairly small items as things like clothing can take months to make (i’m good not fast) and are hardly worth the pay off.
Also how would i go about trading? Would i need to get a table or stand of some kind?
Thanks in advance

You’ll have to shop around some to be able to even feed yourself on 18 rings. Prices are pitched at those with Businesses or other income streams, not plain old heroes who have direct use for their personal resource.

[quote]…so i was thinking about making and selling some things to trade.
I’m a pretty damn good knitter so obviously I want to knit stuff but i’m not really sure what kinds of things to make…[/quote]

Wooly hats would sell well at an Easter event, and if it’s a cold September, hats and mittens in a “national style” might sell.

[quote]I’m hoping for fairly small items as things like clothing can take months to make (i’m good not fast) and are hardly worth the pay off.

[/quote]

You might want something to display your wares. You could just work out of a big bag, hawking your product as you wander round. Or you could camp IC and have a static pitch next to your tent: talk to your Nation camp organiser to get a streetfront position.

An alternative is to become an IC trader: take a resource which gives you something to sell and try and parlay that into whatever it is you want.

thanks
um what do you mean by ‘national style’?

[quote=“Kellica”]thanks
um what do you mean by ‘national style’?[/quote]

Looking particularly suitable for your chosen nation. For example if you’re Brass Coast you’d want extremely colourful ones.

I would buy some fingerless mittens from you. Really short fingerless so I can still wear visible rings.

Preferably in silver.

Preferably with the rune Queros on the palms.

profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Queros

Remember that every character has access to a personal resource, so you will be able to trade the IC items you get from that, if needs be, for more coin, or else get a lot more IC money from the resource directly.

I’d be wary of trying to eat entirely off IC coin at an event; there aren’t that many places that take IC money for food. Alcohol is another story and you can get some nice drinks for a few rings at a time. By contrast there are many different places that take real money for food but only the one bar. :slight_smile:

I’d be interested in knowing how this works out for you, I’m hoping to make September my first event too and I’d love to be able to recoup some of the expense through IC trade (although as I’m currently responsible for all the sewing, knitting, chainmailling and jewellery-making for myself and the friend I’ll be coming with, I sincerely doubt there will be time to make anything extra until next year) but didn’t think it would work out financially beneficial.

So long as you like cake, you can totally feed yourself IC :wink: Actually if you know where to look you can get tasty savouries as well, but you might struggle on 18 rings. 9 crowns from a business and you can eat and drink yourself sick.

If you want to trade items, don’t go to the bourse auctions or similar, be prepared to walk the field and you’ll probably do better off commissions than selling random stuff premade.