Postal Service charrie viable?

Hello!
While I won’t be able to attend an event for some time (obviously one just happened) I was looking to create a new character that carried messages and packages for a (small) fee from place to place. I know that traders are already established and that they sell goods but I was more thinking along the lines of a postal service than buying/selling things. Is this a something actually worth anything in game?

I would love to be able to work as a runner of goods and letters as I think that would be a really fun way to find/meet/interact with people and their stories while fitting with the broker Navarr character I had in mind. I just don’t know if anyone would actually use me as a postal service or if there were other, better, ways to get things from place to place already established.

This something the Navarr are written into the setting to do, and I believe there are a number of Navarr who actively fill this role (and more who would probably do it if asked).

I’m aware of delivery services within other nations too - some that focus on very specific things (I believe there’s one that will collect food from caterers and bring it to you?) and some that will take almost any job.

I think the key skill involved is being able to find people. Speaking as someone who’s played a number of NPC roles that included “find Mx Example in $Nation”, even hat-wearers can be difficult to find within an hour of searching! If you’ve got the hard-skills to be good at knowing where to look for people and how to track them down, or are at least willing to spend time learning how to do this, you could get a quick and reliable service going.

It’s definitely viable - as @Emmanovi says above, others have done it. There are two different ways of approaching this that I’ve seen. One is going around asking if people need this kind of service, but then that’s reliant on people needing it when you’re there. The other is making sure that you are available whenever people need you, but this risks getting a bit boring for you as you’d need to be ideally in one place a lot of the time.

The best approach that I’ve seen seems to be start with the former to get known, then shift partly to the latter (but accept that you’re going to miss some unless you’re willing to sit around). Most important is to make yourself really recognisable - we had a guy in Varushka called Pigeon (who is on the forum somewhere) who ran deliveries and such, and had a large pigeon feather in his hat, which made him instantly memorable. Find something unique to identify you and you should be fine!