Remember that time we were rich and powerful?

Oh wait… that’s now!

Aahahahahaha!

Ahahahahahahahaha. wipes tear from eye

Laughed, looked for the like button and remembered we’re not in facebook anymore.

I’d laugh, but I have people I pay to do that for me

Hire mercenarys to have the3 last laugh for you…

Wait, do you think paupers might be able to read this?

Do you think paupers might be able to read, full stop?

:wink:

Oh those Paupers. How they make me laugh as I sit on my massive pile of money :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I may have identified who the Big Bad of Empire is…

…and it ain’t the orcs.

It’s not our fault if other people are not sophisticated enough to understand how we are helping them by making money. You give bills to the Marchers, crowbars to the orcs, shields to the Dawnish, boats to the Brass Coast and massive piles of money to us. Then we all use them for the good of the Empire.

Really, we are philanthropists.

Except me, of course. I just want rich people to pay me to break someone’s kneecaps.

That’s not entirely true; there are quite a few Leaguesmen who are more interested in making money than supporting the Empire. It’s all well and good making money, but making money at the expense of the Empire, rather than the expense of poorer players, isn’t best practice =3

I think anyone making money by stiffing over the Empire as a whole is really awesome, and I would love to hear about it in detail and at length IC over tea and manacles.

In other words, thanks for making game.

It depends on your philosophy I suppose. Some might see the accumulation of wealth to be the confiscation of money from people who didn’t know how to make it work for the good of the Empire. If they make terrible deals, then maybe it’s best for the Empire if those who know better hold on to it until it’s needed. :wink:

(Because I don’t spend it like hot cakes on anything waved under my nose, no siry!)

It’s pretty funny when it’s things like groups having resources to support Holberg, groups of which are *trying *to reclaim it, to get more powerbase options (like senator positions); but because of the profiteering focus they’re actively hampering themselves =D

It would be fascinating to know what different peoples ideas of what constitutes ‘rich’’ are.

I’ve only got two crowns to rub together.

:wink:

I am significantly better off after last game, but it has been frustrating hearing other nations griping about how the League hold all the money and having to say “Not all of us! Not me!”

Paying for drinks with 20 throne coins. Good stuff.

[quote=“Jason”]It would be fascinating to know what different peoples ideas of what constitutes ‘rich’’ are.

:wink:[/quote]

Cannot LIKE hard enough.

Speaking from the Wintermark, I remember heading over to the Three Rings and hearing them proudly proclaiming how ‘some arrogant Leaguesman’ turned up to pay for a drink with five thrones; they had enough change for him. Dammit, you guys… :smiley:

[quote=“Curse-Breaker”]

Speaking from the Wintermark, I remember heading over to the Three Rings and hearing them proudly proclaiming how ‘some arrogant Leaguesman’ turned up to pay for a drink with five thrones; they had enough change for him. Dammit, you guys… :smiley:[/quote]

I remember this, that was a right ballache!

[quote=“Jason”]It would be fascinating to know what different peoples ideas of what constitutes ‘rich’’ are.

:wink:[/quote]

If you are League and actually have money, then surely you are doing it wrong?
After all that useless liquid currency can be profitably invested into assets … :smiling_imp:

We Marchers for instance count our weath based on the number of turnips we own. :wink: