Ritual Potions

Very quick question,

As Tonics explicitly state that you can only be under the effect of one at any time, does this mean that Potion Buffs such as the +1 level Ritual potions stack?

Cheers

A

It’s unclear, but I believe the intent is ‘no’.

I suspect at some point the wording will get tightened up to roughly “+1 rank above your basic value”, so they clearly don’t stack (compare the wording on the bonus priest potions).

If you need a more official call, come ask at the ref desk at the event.

I’m not a ref, but if they do, please tell us, because this breaks the magic system by letting any half competent coven turn a pile of resources into three figures of ritual magnitude.

I believe it should be clarified as “+1 rank, but these potions do not stack with each other”, because the intent is probably not to stop them stacking with for example the regio or the Archmage regalia or the gom jabbar ritual.

Hello! In a field so must be brief!

Nothing stacks with itself. You can take the two potions at the same time to get +1 rank and the ability to spend personal mana as crystal mana, and you can stack the +1 rank potions with things like a mask, a staff or a ring but you categorically cannot stack anything with itself.

Since we’re ont he subject of stacking, does the Archmage’s chain of Aesh stack with the Day ritual Crystalline Focus of Aesh?

My guess would be “no” :slight_smile:

Similar effects but different sources.

Crystaline Focus of Aesh is an Enchantment effect from a ritual.
The Chain of Aresh is magical jewellery so uses bound Accoutrements slot?

Don’t see why they wouldn’t stack.
But I am also not a refs.

[quote=“Illithidbix”]Similar effects but different sources.

But I am also not a refs.[/quote]

This is my understanding of the situation as well.

In fact, this may be why magnitude-reducing effects are ignored when determining the number of Rings of Illium needed to make an enchantment permanent.

[quote=“Vaan”]
In fact, this may be why magnitude-reducing effects are ignored when determining the number of Rings of Illium needed to make an enchantment permanent.[/quote]

Well I expect that doesn’t work because it would make the magnitude effects effectively “worth” 10 or 20 rings of illium which is an economic loophole I believe PD doesn’t with to exist. (Kinda clever though)

Oh absolutely, I’m just impressed that they patched over that loophole before any players tried to exploit it. :laughing:

Shame you can’t make Crystalline Focus of Aesh permanent. :wink:

57 rings of Illium could buy you Standing at the Threshold forever, however…

[quote=“Illithidbix”]Similar effects but different sources.

But I am also not a refs.[/quote]

The Chain of Aesh is an activated ability of an item, affecting a coven bond. It’s not wearing the chain itself that is the problem, it’s having the chain used on you.

[quote=“tristan”]Since we’re ont he subject of stacking, does the Archmage’s chain of Aesh stack with the Day ritual Crystalline Focus of Aesh?

My guess would be “no” :slight_smile:[/quote]

I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

It certainly stacks with other Magnitude-reducing effects like Eternal boons.