Rules around flier distribution?

Hi! I’ve got some fliers, adverts, and posters that I’m planning on distributing at E4. Are there any particular rules or social contracts when it comes to distribution? Also, the sign up in the hub-- are there specific topics that have to be followed or can they be any notice?
Thank you, all!

1 Like

Don’t ruin anything of anyone else’s (such as pinning to someone’s tent), would be the main thing. As long as you aren’t breaking the OC rules (e.g. harassment for OC characteristics), go for it.

You may find some of the posters go missing if you post something inflammatory - that’s allowed too, people can disagree.

2 Likes

From a littering point of view; don’t cover the site in flyers that someone will have to pick up at the end of the event.

3 Likes

As a keen flyer/leaflet reader and distributor: so long as you keep within the OOC rules you can do ANYTHING and I strongly encourage you to do so. More IC literature is always welcome - the more controversial/funny/clever the better … just keep it short and punchy because there’s a lot of competition for people’s time.

2 Likes

Bring a selection of fixing devices (string, drawing pins etc) as many nations have a board somewhere but may not have enough fixing items, or may object to your poster in which case you may need to bring your own!

4 Likes

As everyone else said, avoid the OOC rules about ruining someone else’s event, but the hub will have lots of places to put fliers. The League also had a couple of noticeboards up at E2, so I assume others do too.

I have put up some fliers at events, advertising medical services and a tea-shop; they make for good texture, I think. If you put them outside, just consider the risk of rain, because soggy fliers might fall off and become litter. Even indoor ones can suffer from damp conditions.

2 Likes

Also consider approaching the IC bars - some of them may be willing to put a flier up in their establishment for you, so long as they don’t disagree with the content :wink:

3 Likes

Just for reference, there is a photo of the Sea Wolves’ notice board up in the Winds of Fortune holding page. <see it here> <direct link in case the page changes>

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you very much, everyone.

Pay some kids from the academy to distribute them for you.

1 Like

Another option is flour-and-water paste.
I while back I checked with PD, and they said,

• “Basically we dont mind if you put the bills up on PD IC equipment”
    (which would include the senate building, the Old Forge tavern, the Sentinel Gate, etc.)
  • but said not to put things on “OC equipment eg benches, red boxes”

Caution though: not all big structures belong to PD, e.g. the wall/fence around the Orc “fighting pit” is player-owned (and of course the people running eateries such as Mhorish bring their own walls) so you’d need OOC permission from the right person.

(Personally, if I were bringing something with walls like that, I’d be inclined to give that OOC permission even if my character would be angry about it.)

IC, your character might or might not care about getting permission from characters who own temptingly appropriate surfaces. The Empire doesn’t have a specific law about fly-posting.

1 Like