Sift the Dreamscape's Sands

Just reading through the Night Rituals and Sift the Dreamscape’s Sands caught my eye. Am I right in thinking this ritual can be used to learn a rank of any Ritual Lore? Can it be used to learn a lore you don’t already possess? If so, do you gain any temporary ritual masteries?

i.e. I don’t have Summer Lore, could I use this ritual to learn Summer 1?

From my understanding you can use it to gain any effective realm level. So you can choose any realm, but you need at least one rank in the Realm to take advantage of it.
As your highest effective rank, in that Realm, is 3x your rank from skill points in that Realm. So if you have no basic points in that realm you can’t take advantage of it as your highest effective level is still zero, so you could learn a rank in Summer but wouldn’t be able to take advantage of it.

In terms of Mastery I’m not too sure, my guess is it would work the same of other sources of effective levels, where you don’t get to master any rituals. So you wouldn’t get to pick any mastered rituals.

3 Likes

Confirmed, as per the wiki:

“This provides an additional rank of effective lore for purposes of performing rituals, subject to the normal rules for effective skill.”

And the normal rules include:

"Gaining additional ranks

• You cannot contribute to a ritual of a realm unless your character has spent experience points to gain a rank in that realm"
1 Like

Ah yes, I should have realised. Thanks!

one 2nd question quickly, Whats the duration?

“The effect lasts until the start of the next Profound Decisions Empire event.”

This is standard for most things, but not all.