The **ALL NEW** Introduction Thread

Hello and welcome to Empire! If you’re a new player, please do say hello here and tell us a little bit about yourself before you head off into the rest of the forum :).

3 Likes

Hello I’m new! waves enthusiastically I’ve done a couple of events of reenactment and two LARP events… a weekend of vale sanctioned event and a half day thing in the lickey hills. I like making mead and giving back massages :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hi, long time reader, 1st time poster (not true). 2nd full year at Empire coming up - i’ll still be a clueless Varushkan Battlemage, but with enthusiasm (rather like a eager puppy, well not a puppy but an older puppy. a dog. Back to the main topic). I LARPed many many years ago - I was a member of the Peckforton Castle set-up (yes, i’m that old), and when it shut down for, er, ‘various reasons’, I stopped playing LARP.

Years later, I found that my daughter and her boyfriend were taking part in something called ‘Empire’. I had not told her about Peckforton Castle, so I guess it must have been genetics! So I invited myself along. And loved it (he says looking at the pile of armour, weapons etc I have collected over the past year or so). So 2nd year coming up, barbarians to kill, tripping over tree branches to be done, falling into muddy ditches to be experienced and losing sight of our banner frequently (well there are lot of green banners) to come. Looking forward to it all!

5 Likes

Hello! I am Miranda/‘Mim’, and I play in the League (character Leonora ‘Nora’ van Holberg).

If you’re familiar with The Looking Glass, which is an IC fashion magazine full of illustrations that comes out every season, I am one of four people who make that. :smiley:

I live in London and often draw things. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ahoy! I’m Luke!

E2 this year will be my first ever LARP event and i’ve been coaxed into sleeping in the woods with the Navarr.

In reality i study IT and work in insurance, live in the Cotswold’s, and love tabletop wargames and RPGs.

I’m creating my kit for E2 on a very tight budget, laboriously hand sowing trousers and tunic together while painstakingly trying to get my head around the vast Wiki!

Brimming with excitement i look forward to getting immersed and inevitably being slain in battle!

4 Likes

Aloha and welcome to the madness that is Empire :slight_smile:.

If you need any help or advice with the costume making please start yourself a thread in the Costume and Crafting and folk will be happy to help.

1 Like

Hey guys.
I’m Ollie, I’ll be playing Enchanter Lawrence de Céleste of Dawn. The rest of my house went to E1 (and most of them died). I’m really looking forward to going to E2, but also quite nervous. This is my first LARP and my buds put me in charge of the house, any advice on being a group leader would be appreciated.
I’m also hoping to get involved with the Conclave, how would i go about doing that? :slight_smile:

More about me: I like rock/metal/punk music, I play too much D&D, I work at B&Q, I used to study politics, and I live in Lincoln. :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard :slight_smile:

There’s a bit of advice on getting involved in the Conclave here that might help. But if you’ve got any questions it doesn’t answer drop them into that thread.

Also please do start a thread looking for advice on being a group leader, it’s a great topic and I don’t think we’ve covered it yet much on the forum. I’ll round some helpful people up and point them at it :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, new player here. Planning on creating my Wintermark apothecary soon to start attending events.

I am already addicted to reading into the rules and the lore and I can’t wait to get to meet and get to know you all at events soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Advice on creating a character

Greetings! New player, at your service - lover of fantasy, roleplaying and adventure! I am looking to begin my journey into becoming involved with this community, with the aim of attending what will be my first ever event/experience at some point in the future.
I have been trying to research on my own but there does seem a lot to learn, if there’s anyone out there willing to mentor me - I’d be unspeakably appreciative!

2 Likes

Hi, new player here that will be attending the upcoming event. I am super excited for it, and I have done so much preparing! Not much to say about me, I work in a school and I love games.
My character is called Levi Ramage of High Guard- if you see me around say Hi :smiley:

4 Likes

Hallo @adeid , Have you found the Highguard FB group? We’re a friendly lot and always welcome new people. Redirecting...

1 Like

Happy to answer specific questions to the best of my ability. Any thought on characters, sorts of game you’d like to play, mechanical issues?

2 Likes

And if anyone has an specific questions, please do feel free to start a new topic so we can help you out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah yes I have, one of the first things I did when I found this forum :smiley: just a bit scared to post anything.

2 Likes

What I’'ll do is start a new topic as @LauraH has suggested below, and hopefully we can all chat there! Thank you both for your offers of help and assistance, there’s so much to learn and I’m unsure of how to begin!

3 Likes

Hello. I’ve been roleplaying for a couple of years now, tried a couple of systems, but I’ve had my eye on Empire for a while now. I recently noticed that it was less than half an hour’s drive away and is apparently good for kids (I have a nine-year old daughter), so we decided to give it a shot.

We’re currently looking at The League (I’ve played swashbucklers in other systems and my daughter thinks she’s Ezio Auditore) and maybe bringing friends who live nearby.

4 Likes

Hello all, my name is Jack and this is the first LARP community that I have ever been a part of. I have been interested in LARP for many many years, but only now have I plucked up the courage to pursue this awesome looking hobby. I am really enjoying looking through the wiki and forums for information, and finding out about the Nations, players, skills, stories ect…
I must be honest though, I do feel a bit out of my depth, and anxious about attending my first event. However, ultimately I feel that this is right for me, and if anyone could help me by answering a few questions, please message me! :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

@Jackadder
Welcome, if you have questions I might suggest starting another topic in New Players, with your questions. Most of the forum regulars are more than happy to help out with any questions you have.

Don’t worry we aren’t going to judge you for any confusion, we all know how complicated Empire can look from the outside.

If you would prefer to discuss it in PM I’d be happy to answer them, but you would probably get a better range of opinions by asking more widely.

4 Likes