Last year, after a period of relative quiesence, the Druj returned out of the East. They made and broke treaties, stormed the Barrens, attacked Urizen and Semmerholm… they were all over the place!
Over winter we’ve been working on an overhaul of the old Druj page, both to bring it more into like with our existing Jotun (https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Jotun) and Grendel (https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Grendel) pages, and to update the information to reflect out better understanding of what we need for battles.
You can find the new Druj page here → https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Druj and by following the links you can find out about:
- The Druj Arkad - their elite warrior lodges
- Their Champions - their battlefield leaders and heroes
- A summary of Lore about the Druj - a miscellany drawing out wht the Empire thinks it knows about the eastern orcs
- Their Look and Feel - a guideline to making your own Druj kit for use on the battlefield including some suggestions on how you can reuse your existing character kit
Andy and Thomas who run the battle side of things are available to anyone who wants to discuss creating their own arkad unit to play on the battlefield - you can contact Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org and read up on elite military units here → https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Playing_a_barbarian#Playing_an_Elite_Orc
Picture is by @Kerys Lee Knight, and the bulk of the work putting the new pages together was done by Tom Hancocks.
#othersideofthehedge, #youcantbetrayyourenemies, #theyalsouseacranetotem
And some more details from Raff about Druj elite units:
++CAN’T BETRAY YOUR ENEMIES++
Hey up. I’ve just put a post on the main Empire LRP page drawing attention to the new Druj pages on the wiki (https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Druj). I thought I’d pop in here and talk about a specific part of the new material - the arkad.
The arkad is the Druj equivalent of the Grendel Moridun or the Jotun Kirkja. They’re drug-crazed lodges of warriors trained to fight in a certain style inspired by a deadly insect or poisonous animal totem.
The arkad page is here → https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Arkad and details the four Pc-available and the one-Skirmish only bands of elite Druj warriors that players could take the roles of if they put together an elite military unit (https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Playing_a_barbarian#Playing_an_Elite_Orc)
To quickly summarize:
- The PAKKAD are a lodge of heavily armoured warriors who wade through blood and are dispatched to protect valuable individuals or hold key points on a battlefield.
- The CHIKAD are elite skirmishers who are always on the move attacking from ambush, flanking, and constantly harassing their enemies.
- The HUPUL are scouts and hunters who use archery and mobility to bring down healers and otherwise sow despair in the enemy ranks.
- The VIKARI are battle-magicians who use a combination of arcane weapons and potent battlefield spells to scatter and eviscerate their opponents.
- The KALLAD (which are skirmish team only) are basically hockey-mask wearing killers from that dreadful film that terrified you as a kid.
There are also a couple of Druj champions (detailed here → https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Druj_champion) that might befound as part of an arkad group depending on which arkad you are forming.
In addition to their role as support for an arkad group, the Druj TEPEL also present a unique (for the orcs) opportunity for an individual who wants to make themselves some costume to play a roving herbalist who supports the Druj army based on what they think will be most effective at any given time.
+++LOOK AND FEEL+++
The look and feel page (https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Druj_look_and_feel) is useful to anyone who wants to put together an Arkad group, but its also worth looking over if you fancy making a bit of Druj kit to enhance your presence on the battlefield when you are monstering. Theres some advice here on how to repurpose your existing kit based on your nation as well.
+++FORMING AN ARKAD+++
If you’re interested in putting a group together for one of the four ARKAD, or in playing a TEPEL, drop an e-mail to email@example.com and start the discussion!