Towers of Dusk

The Towers of Dusk entry in the Wiki doesn’t mention them getting blown up. I can’t see any other destroyed castles in the Barrens either. What was the fortification that the Thorns hit with the captured head in E1 this year?

Towers of Dusk. For sure.

While it is true that the wiki sometimes lags behind the updated situation, I would point out that nobody has yet done a thorough recce on the Barrens after the Big Giant Head was deployed.

Thus we don’t have an updated idea in the field what effect the Head had on the Spires of Dusk and hence updating the wiki would be introducing new information to the player base via a non-field mechanism: devaluing the utility of the Barren Spy Network, which is specifically designed to provide updated information of this type when it is properly manned.

So while I think the Barrens entry could mention that the Head was deployed, I don’t expect it to tell us an updated view on the geo-political makeup of the Territory (status of the Spires of Dusk included).

^^ This. The Barrens page on the wiki is the result of the Spy Network that the PCs built and used. It’s important to remember that this is not an Imperial territory - for the Imperials to know the state of the Towers of Dusk they would need to fight across a massive tract of land and peer at the far-borders with a spyglass.

Or perform one of the scrying rituals that uses a map.

I considered this but I held off it - I don’t believe that event was significant enough to merit making it “everyone knows about this event”.

Excellent! I was wondering what was happening about that.

On the question of Spy Networks, what would be the required number of units deployed to get an update on current situation?

To obtain an update on the state of fortifications only, would that still require 15 units?

[quote=“ozren”]Excellent! I was wondering what was happening about that.

On the question of Spy Networks, what would be the required number of units deployed to get an update on current situation?

To obtain an update on the state of fortifications only, would that still require 15 units?[/quote]

Push button, receive bacon, I think. You’d need the same number that were needed to work out what the old situation was.

Or 7 mana and a Day coven, that would also work.

[quote=“Iulian”]

[quote=“ozren”]Excellent! I was wondering what was happening about that.

To obtain an update on the state of fortifications only, would that still require 15 units?[/quote]

Push button, receive bacon, I think. You’d need the same number that were needed to work out what the old situation was.

Or 7 mana and a Day coven, that would also work.[/quote]

If it’s 7, you can do it with one magician if they’re sufficiently off their face. :wink:

(Lore 3, regio, any three of Luminous Staff, Ring of [Triumph or Atun], potion, and upgrading that staff to the Bookstick of Unwieldiness.)

One mana then???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do it for 2 if you find the Archmage of Day at ten to timeout if she hasn’t used the chain yet - I suspect the answer would usually be ‘sorry, we used it ten minutes after timein on Friday’, Chain uses being like gold dust.

More generally, 14 magnitudes means at least 7 mana no matter how you’re reaching to the ability to cast it.

(The correct tool for the Towers of Dusk is scrying, though, without a shadow of a doubt.)

If you would like to know more about how scrying is organised to avoid duplication & make sure that everywhere gets covered, please come and talk to me or my new coven IC.

I’m surprised no-one scryed the barrens last event, given I know it was on the list and we only didn’t do it because redacted but you can probably guess and ran out of slots.

Pleaseverymuch talk to me IC about this!
Jumps around excitedly waving arms because of knowing useful things and being helpful

You’re on my list (it’s a very long list :frowning: )