Update from Matt 27/03/20

Hi Folks,

I’m aiming to keep doing weekly updates for the time being just to let people know what’s going on.

I’d like to start by thanking all our players for the fantastic support we’ve had since last week’s announcement. Most folk have opted to roll their booking over and that’s been a huge boost for us and guaranteed that we’ll be able to get through this crisis in the short term. I can’t stress how grateful I am for that - live roleplaying is an amazing community and we’re lucky to have your support.

As always with PD, anyone can refund a ticket at any time, and please don’t feel guilty about that. We absolutely understand that many people have lost jobs or have no income at the current time. It’s wonderful if people can leave their bookings til the next event, but if you need the money back just email us and we’ll sort it - it’s not a problem.

I’ve seen a few people worry about what will happen if we need to cancel more events. Obviously we’re really hoping that doesn’t happen and planning for the event at the start of June. But we’re not naive and we’ve made plans for every eventuality. With the help that’s been officially announced, we’re moving forwards very confidently.

So, on to more pleasant subjects. With the first event now some months away, we’ve taken the decision to slow down our normal release of winds of war and winds of fortune. Rather than try and rush them all out now, we’re aiming to spread them out over the coming weeks. It’ll give us more time to ensure we’re really happy with each one and give players more time to read and absorb them. Keep your eyes peeled for the next wind of war which should be released in the next few days.

We’re also working on new material for the wiki. We want to take this opportunity to use the time available to enhance the game so I’ve been working on an important campaign update. Once that’s done, it’ll go to Andy Raff for editing, then out to our review team for feedback before we publish it. We’ve got a list of little projects like this that we’re going to work on, so we can make lemondade from the lemons we’ve been dealt.

Thanks.

Matt Pennington,
Profound Decisions.

1 Like