Virtue Assembly voting

In order to be a voting member of a Virtue Assembly (not The Way Assembly) do I:

1. Need to spend 2xp on Dedication, or
  2. Just need to get someone to dedicate me in play with a dose of Liao (no XP spend on my part)?

The wiki kind of implies the later, whereas I’d always assumed it was the former.

Basically, 2xp for Virtue Assembly voting or nor?

To become a voting member you need to take the Congregation resource. The Dedicate skill (and the rest of the priest skills) gives you the ability to use liao to create roleplay effects, but voting is a completely separate thing.

If you have already created your character, you can change resource for two crowns but you won’t get the effect until the folloing event (so you could change at E3 but not vote until E4). I’d also suggest emailing PD in case there is a way to do this sooner.

If you haven’t created a character, all is well, just select Congregation as your resource at character creation. :slight_smile:

Hang on, I missed a bit. You mean to vote in a specific Assembly. You will need a Congregation to have votes, as above, but to vote in a specific Assembly you will need to be Dedicated - not the skill, just be Dedicated - to a particular Virtue.

TL;DR, the answer is (2) - someone else can dedicate you.

Apologies if that wasn’t clear, I’m aware you need a Congregation :slight_smile:

But thanks - I honestly hadn’t twigged that you could vote in a Virtue Assembly (rather than The Way) just be being dedicated by someone who has spent their 2xp on Dedicate, without becoming Dedicated (2xp) yourself.

That … is significant information, thanks!

For a bonus point, is there anyone here familiar enough with the working of the Civil Service to know how they administer this?

I mean, in practice I could be dedicated to quite a few different Virtues over the course of a couple of days…

I know that they recently clarified the turn-around on changing Resource to/from a Congregation ,but this is somewhat different.

My understanding (clarified after that time I was excommunicated for 15 minutes) is that the Civil Service count what you did over the last three months between the summits. So you can change your dedication as much as you want at the event, it only counts what virtue you were dedicated to between events while you’re tending to your congregation, so you get to be in that Virtue Assembly the following event.

lights the Civil Service Signal for confirmation :slight_smile:

Your Virtue Assembly is set by your Dedication over downtime, and is not normally mutable in uptime, as I understand it.

Now this isn’t quite an official PD answer, because I’m still posting this as me, rather than PD but…

[quote=“creamhorn”]In order to be a voting member of a Virtue Assembly (not The Way Assembly) do I:

1. Need to spend 2xp on Dedication, or
  2. Just need to get someone to dedicate me in play with a dose of Liao (no XP spend on my part)?

The wiki kind of implies the later, whereas I’d always assumed it was the former.

Basically, 2xp for Virtue Assembly voting or nor?[/quote]

Option 2.
You “merely” need to persuade someone who is already dedicated to the appropriate virtue to replace your dedication by using the dedicate skill.

There is likewise absolutely no requirement to have the dedication skill to be in any Synod assembly. Although it’s obviously useful so that you can spraypaint their soul with your gangsig… I mean dedicate them to your Virtue.

[quote=“creamhorn”]For a bonus point, is there anyone here familiar enough with the working of the Civil Service to know how they administer this?

I mean, in practice I could be dedicated to quite a few different Virtues over the course of a couple of days…

I know that they recently clarified the turn-around on changing Resource to/from a Congregation ,but this is somewhat different.[/quote]

Basically, for the sake of our own sanity:

CHANGING YOUR DEDICATION AT AN EVENT will not move you out of your current Virtue Assembly. Because the populace still recognise you as dedicated priest of your former Virtue.
The abstraction layer vaguely assumes that you preach most about the Virtue you’re dedicated to.*
At the next event you should be in the Virtue Assembly that you left the current event with.

There is however the rare case of Proxy Sinecure holders that grant Synod votes. Where we use the dedication of the proxy, not the synod holder to determine the Virtue Assembly.

And now a long answer, which is a repetition of what I posted on FB.

But I can BOLD THINGS HERE. Whoo! BOLD!

CHANGING RESOURCE AND THE SYNOD

For Avoidance of Doubt. Because it came up several times this event and there has been lots of awkward different calls in the past.

DISCLAIMER: This is how it is AT THE MOMENT with me, John (who plays Adam) and Vikiy (who plays Almodis) administrating the Synod.

If this changes, we will TRY and announce it.
Will hopefully be able to slap something similar on the wiki.
This is still technically unofficial, but hopefully accurate.

**Changing Resource to Congregation **
Thiscan be done at the event by going to God (not the Hub CS) and paying two Crowns or starting a two Crown debt. Or it can be done in downtime to be ready for the next event.
(See: profounddecisions.co.uk/empi … _Resources)

HOWEVER

Because the actual change to running a congregation…

…as in actually preaching to the populace for 3 months obviously can’t happen at Anvil…

…YOU CANNOT VOTE OR STAND FOR ANY POSITION THAT REQUIRES YOU TO HOLD A CONGREGATION AT THE EVENT YOU CHANGE TO A CONGREGATION

(And nor can you be a legit proxie because you have to be valid candidate for that Title to be a legal proxy)

If you change in downtime by emailing PD, then you are totally eligible for all Synod jam at the next event.
(PMing me to make sure my list has you is a good idea)

CHANGING YOUR DEDICATION AT AN EVENT‪
Will not move you out of your current Virtue Assembly. Because the populace still recognise you as dedicated priest of your former Virtue.

The abstraction layer vaguely assumes that you preach most about the Virtue you’re dedicated to.*

At the next event you should be in the Virtue Assembly that you left the current event with.

CHANGING YOUR NATIONALITY AT AN EVENT
This can change your national assembly, but we will require confirmation from the Egregore of your old or new nation that you’ve changed.

BUT WHAT ABOUT A SINECURE?!
… Ok… yeah a Synod Sinecure does add to your votes midevent if you get appointed to it, and if you don’t already have a congregation then you can now use the votes in the relevant Virtue Assembly, National Assembly and General Assembly.

AND you have all the powers of a Synod priest such as raising a judgement, Clemency, Sanctuary right of witness etc.

‪*(The authority here comes with the faddish citizens who have already gone to see awe-inspiring shrine/ the headless corpse of the Young Empress face down in a muddy ditch.)

#‎HighguardTruths‬ ‪#‎WhyWouldYouNotNecropolisCitizen‬*

PROXY SYNOD SINECURE HOLDERS

A sinecure that grants votes CAN be proxied, although I understand the liao still goes to the holder.

A Proxy Sinecure holder adopts their own nationality/dedicated virtue, not that of the actual Sinecure holder.

BUT SAMSON! WHAT ABOUT INHERITING CONGREGATIONS OR SPOILS OF WAR?

FFS AGHR WTF BBQ… I’ll get an answer to this and/or my mother’s Axe…
(My current guess is that it would not kick in immediately, but this is a very unofficial answer.)