What do you love most about a nation you've never played in?

So what do you love most about the other nations in Empire. What’s the coolest thing about a nation you’ve never played in? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I play in Urizen, but other nations I particularly love include Navarr, Dawn and Varushka. With Navarr, it’s the whole Terunael lore combined with Song & Story time, evokes that very tribal, ancient survivors feel. With Dawn it’s the over the top emotions and anti-materialism. In Varushka, the spooky storytelling around campfires in an evening.

2 Likes

I’m in Navarr, but I adore how immersive the Orcs are. I walk past their camp a lot (and I’ve been in a few times, on business) and the atmosphere is unlike anything else at Anvil. It really feels like somewhere different, and dangerous.

2 Likes

While I find it a little intimidating, I love the intrigue and the Reckoning of the League. And the costumes.

2 Likes

As a Leaguer, I find the Navarr camp strangely peaceful, if a little alien. I walk through other camps and they are more rough or more strange than the League, but generally there is a uniformity of structure which goes away as you walk into the woods.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Freeborn Hakima, the idea of a group of proper meddling wizards is entertaining and a great trope for stories inside the Brass Coast :).

I also love the updated brief around what the Tribes in the Brass Coast mean and their different outlooks - https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Tribe how that sets them up for debates inside and outside the Coast.

1 Like

I have a lot of love for the Varushkan brief. I’ve only played in the Brass Coast, and from that perspective, Varushka feels a little like ‘Dark Freeborn’. I get a similar vibe from each, but with different roots. There’s the ‘everything is great/terrible, let’s do a party about it’, the importance of family, the love of colour…

It’s not at all there in game lore, but to me the two nations feel like they’re the same thing that evolved in different ways to reflect the environment, and I love that. I’d love to play in Varushka to see what it’s really like.

3 Likes

I adore the way the Highborn raise their hoods/don their veils when they’re about to do Serious Business. It’s such a great visual - the moment you’re with one and they go from hood down to hood up - hearth magic enters our world and the atmosphere palpably changes.

4 Likes