Yorkshire meetup?

I’ve noticed several people in my travels in and outside of Anvil that reside in West Yorkshire - the best Yorkshire.

The nights are cold and Empire 5 seems a long way away, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a meetup?

Leeds, York* or Bradford are possibilities.

I’m fine with organising it, but first I was wondering if there was much takeup - many people who are on Facebook but not here may not know about it so if you know anyone in the area please pass on word.

If you are interested, hammer the ‘post’ button as fast as you can and shout where you think would be best.

*not technically in Best Yorkshire but the King’s Stoke Wassail was so good I’m allowing it as an option.

I live in York, and know of several other Empire guys in York who would be up for a meet up. Probably best for the new year though.

Sounds like a great idea though, and York has plenty of awesome pubs that serve damn good ale.

Yeah potentially interested yeah. There are quite a few people in Leeds, Sheffield and York as well

I’m another Leeds / Bradford larper and I’d love to!
Depending on when it is, I could possibly convince a few others to come too,

Best advice I can give is “build it and they will come” :slight_smile:.

Pick a date and venue in the new year and then run it for a few times and it’ll build as people hear about it.

I would definitely go along to this (provided it doesn’t fall in the middle of my exams). I’ll let the other Yorkites know about this :slight_smile:

Leeds here, and there are a few of us :slight_smile:

I’m tempted to say Leeds , it’s what - an hour and a bit on train from York?

I’ll put a vote up because I think the choice is between those two cities.

Sneaking in before the Forums go completely dark for nondenominational giftstravaganza.

I’m going to say Leeds for the first run, and later ones can be held in York.

As far as dates go, I’m going to propose **Late January/Early February. ** Does this clash with any student dates?

I can do Leeds (as can any other Yorkites who want to come, I expect), and by late January/ early February this next lot of exams will be over :slight_smile:

That vague date is good for me!

That looks fine by me.

First date : **Friday 24th January **

As far as where to go, I like thenewconservatory-cafebar.co.uk/ if we want to get some food but to be honest - I’m easy.

If you know Leeds and know a good place conducive to chat and booze, post here!

[quote=“atal”]First date : **Friday 24th January **

As far as where to go, I like thenewconservatory-cafebar.co.uk/ if we want to get some food but to be honest - I’m easy.

If you know Leeds and know a good place conducive to chat and booze, post here![/quote]

That day and place is fine with me, It’s pretty much walking distance from where I work!

This is now a mere 2 weeks away - if anyone has any objections please post and we can reschedule it.

So what time is this starting?

About 6.30 - 7 I think - give people time to get down from work/Uni/whatever.

Unless there are other suggestions lets go with 6.30 at the New Conservatory

Can’t make this unfortunately, working and low on moneys

I’m afraid tomorrow is a very full day, so no time to get to Leeds. Hope you all have fun though.

Are people still able to come to this? I’ll be there anyway!