Mage Armour

Hey,

Trying to work out what to do for my mage armour for next event.
I bought a suitable ‘hero belt’ that’ll count for one piece.

Don’t really want to have a hat / circlet / similar. So what to do for the other two pieces?

I am planning on making a fairly heavy leather bandolier containing several bells for ritual purposes, which would go across my chest - Would this count as a piece of mage armour if it were suitably large? Will be made of leather, with runes drawn on it.

For the third piece I was considering some sort of pauldron / arm covering sort of combination. But I’m concerned this will be annoying, since I intend to have a coat that I might want to take off often. Any ideas on what would be easiest for a third piece? [That isn’t on my head.]

Thanks!

How about a pair of vambraces or similar?

A little concerned they might be annoying if I’m taking a coat on and off… or be hidden under sleeves. I know it doesn’t matter if they’re visible, but I’d prefer if it was.

Maybe I should just find something for my legs / boots. Knee high boots perhaps?

Big, runed greaves/boots could look fantastic!

And hero ‘Y’ fronts! Runed and bold possibly glittery!!!

Glitter! Of course!

Surely they should be BRAVASH fronts…

profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Bravash

Actually, that gives me an IC business idea. Just need to buy a job lot of cheap underwear from Primark and a bottle of gold fabric paint :smiling_imp:

[quote=“Anwar”]

Surely they should be BRAVASH fronts…

profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Bravash

Actually, that gives me an IC business idea. Just need to buy a job lot of cheap underwear from Primark and a bottle of gold fabric paint :smiling_imp:[/quote]

You could do a range: Bravash, Verys, Wyr and Zorech at least!

So, I’m glad my thread is contributing to your prosperity :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’d like an answer on whether the bandolier thingy would count. Here’s a picture of a cosplay of Sabriel from Garth Nix’s novels, with the cross-chest bell carrying thing. (The Abhorsen is the most highguard of things.)
Is that significant enough to count for a chunk of mage armour?

I think the key thing is to make it look like impractical fantasy armour as opposed to just “A thing to hold my stuff”. I’d deliberately oversize it in some way, for example by attaching a big pauldron on it (A single pauldron is enough to get your final piece) or making it cover an unnecessary amount of your chest so it counts as a Pectoral or Gorget. I’d go with the pauldron as it’s removable and leaves you with a re-usuable convenient bandolier.