Mags Armour-League

So my current character I’m currently working on him becoming a battle mage and I’m looking at Armour
Because of being in the league I have the mask shown below, as I wear it into battle anyway I’m wondering if by painting it with runes and arcane looking patterns would it pass as mage armour rather than a circlet??

1 Like

Not forgetting ribbons. There’s a corner of the League brief somewhere (I think it’s bridge fighting) in which ribbons carry a sense of prestige, martial prowess and skilled trash talk. Think of a poncy version of “my conker is a 45er”. They’ve always struck me as an ideal way to mage-armour, particularly when you’ve got that lovely band to tie them to and increase the cranial coverage.

1 Like

The Mage Armour section on the Wiki only mentions a circlet for the head slot - your best bet is to email PD and ask for an official ruling. If you do, then please do come and let us know what the answer is!

3 Likes

The rule of thumb seems to be: “Does the person wearing this look like a mage?”
If the mask was painted with runes, a gem, and some fancy ribbon. And there was other armour that also said “I AM MAGE. HEAR ME SPELL” then yea I can see it working.
If in doubt Rules @ profounddescions is the place to ask (FYI don’t know the actual addy)

1 Like