New player saying hi

Hi there, I’m aiming to come to Wintermark from the next event as a Steinr so I thought I would come and say hi.

3 Likes

Hi Delwyn, nice to have you here. :slight_smile:

I’m not a Wintermark player myself but there are a few on here. If you’ve got any questions do ask away!

Welcome along! I think you’ll have plenty of company, as both Steinr and New next event :slight_smile:

Any thoughts as to Hall? And have you found the Wintermark Facebook page?

I have found the Facebook group and I do not have any ideas as to Hall yet.

Now, it sounds like you’re a new player starting by yourself.

This I would not reccomend (the game can be quite intimidating in terms of scale and complexity)…

I would suggest making some contacts before the event (plenty of time, sigh) and chatting about what they do in game.

The simplest way to do this is to announce that you’re looking for a group on here or the FB page. Many groups will try to recruit you, extolling the virtues (and the Virtues) of their groups.

Even if you don’t sign on with anyone, it’s good to have someone to hang with, a contact or 3, a base of operations on the field.

There will be New Player workshops and introductions and the like, but it’s great to have a group that you can ask questions of, go for a drink/quest/shopping trip with, or just someone so you can say “Oh yeah I’m camping with the X, they are near that Y in Wintermark”.

(Actually especially with Wintermark, it’s huge).

If you have more general questions about the game, or what to do, or how to get started, feel free to ask here :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry, I was trying to mean that as we have a lot of time until the next event I thought that joining a group was perhaps a bit premature but saying hi was a good idea, I had planned to ask about groups at some point.

Previously I played with the League which is a great nation but wasn’t quite what I was looking for.

Probably should have done a better title to the initial post to be honest.

No problem :slight_smile:

Are you migrating your character IC or starting a new one?

Starting a new one as I felt the old one was fun but didn’t really have any direction.