Plans and keen over the Long Dark

So we’re into October - hopefully most of us by now have got our kit washed, our elastic bands removed from our weapons, and maybe even our tents aired. (Though I confess to currently failing on that last one!)

With no events for another 6 months, how are you keeping your keen going? Are you writing letters? Attending - or perhaps even running - a player event or two? Admiring a new sword or making some kit? Or do you tend to pack your character away in a box for the Long Dark?

1 Like

At the moment I’m:

Keeping an eye on the contributions to a variety of commissions. The one I was most focused on (the Lisabetta Docks) has all it needs for this season so now I’m wondering whether to support something else that I can afford to (or nearly afford to) complete. I didn’t realise originally, but only contributions before the end of downtime count for the current season.

My group has some minutes of a key meeting to agree on, and proposal which I want to take to the Printers’ Guild Ball to discuss with interested parties.

I’ve already started on the first drafts of my E1 zines (trading booklet, banking statement of accounts). Publisher is disappearing from MS Office so I’m currently undecided whether to make the new document in Google Docs/Slides or Word/PowerPoint. Sticking with MS Office may have some advantages in terms of fonts.

I really should do some kit repairs before the first player event.

My character has moved into ritual magic.
And his Archetype is still Troubadour.
So he sings all his spells. Well, the mastered rituals…

…he masters them by writing and performing songs of the rituals… :stuck_out_tongue:

So I’m writing songs. Luckily, they don’t need to be good, they just need a beat!

I also have a certain amount of weaponry repair to do, and a couple of other LARPs to go to.