Population percentages, etc

Bit of a weird two fold question, as it’s something that attendance at player events has raised for me:

1. Is there any IC census equivalent in play?
    (At the most basic concept of a census, knowing there’s bits below abstraction which are present in real world census stuff)

2. Does anyone have any idea of number of Lineaged v non-Lineaged characters and a rough breakdown on that side?

If it’s a find out in play style question, I’ll happily chase it down.

I’m not sure that’s IC published info.

There are IC published lists of which assembly a priest belongs to, strength of conclave orders, battle strength as told to the MC, but I think that’s all the Civil service publishes formally.

Various nations have people who know stuff relevant to their interests - artisans, apothecarys etc but that will be patchy and incomplete.

OOC it’s dead easy to do via database query but that info would only be available for the plot teams to assist balancing ideas I expect.

I’d find it fascinating too!!

Durn.

And IC legwork for this might look a bit weird/lead to under-reporting on Lineage side due to the whole Briar situation…

… tho’ might be interesting

It’s not something the civil service concern themselves with. The closest thing might be the numbers of how many priests have voting rights in each part of the Synod.

I honestly don’t know the answer to the second question.

It’s a decent IC goal to set yourself but be prepared for hard work with 2000+ people on site.

I did once have a vague idea for a Highborn census taker who everyone would be really suspicious of when they asked questions about lineage :slight_smile:

It’s now going on the long list of back up ideas…next to the slightly amusing-terrifying idea of a Navarri who’s whole thing is feral Briar wrangling

IC there are some discoverable numbers for the Empire as a whole, but they’re not public: the Master of the Mint has access to figures on tax revenues, and as the taxation-per-head is laid down in the constitution you could in theory extrapolate back to pull out population numbers.

1 Like