Post E4 2026 The Froth Thread! Hots and Nots!

(glossary note for new players, “froth” in this case is enthusiastic discussion of stuff, usually the event just completed)

Please share your memories here of amazing, embarrassing, or horrific things you said or did or saw at our recent Autumn event, the last of 2026!

The bits that were Hot! The bits that were Not!

1 Like

I had a grand time this event, leaning hard into two bits of the game that were new to me.

Hots:
Decent weather! I know it rained, but that meant that things were cool, the excellent site drainage prevented mud,and the we had a dry takedown! No baking heat, no clouds of dust, no fething pollen, no strong winds… Pretty good :slight_smile:

I enchanted loadsa people. Summer ritual, “Strength of the Bull”, cast 14 times. Buff your buddies till they glow! Most of them came back from battle.

And the battles! Missed the Dawn Saturday one, which sounded like a brutal slog to victory, and gave us a few fallen to weep over in the Glory Square. Monstered the Sunday one as crossbow-orc N#5 and spent ages plinking away at folk. Wintermark don’t move very fast, don’t armour their thighs, but do do some great execution animations… (they caught me eventually).

A great line I found while escorting small child through Navarr: If you keep jumping out at the Navarri snarling and slashing and trying to bit them, one of them WILL put a spear through you…

Nots:
Missed several people I meant to chat to, wasn’t able to make several interesting meetings, and I didn’t enjoy the crossbowing as much as I’d hoped. It was cool, but I spent too much time picking up my bolts…

I miss Skian Mhorish. The jacket potato place was nice, but not as good.

Hots

  • “Evil’s Labradors”- being a horrid little Druj runner for the area command blobble on Saturday battle
    Especially since Evil kept on blasted taking a very front line command position. Nothing like standing in a big open gap with no armour, no arms, and very aware you’re right next to one of the high priority targets for a battle
  • Get Smoked had ribs as a Saturday dinner. Could have done without having to scarf them down IC because I’d been asked for on a conjunction about 20 minutes after self/partner got them l, but we ate well
  • “Ding ding doom” - Kobol Tavah heralds on Saturday evening. Shibboleth and Caeberi will eventually have a normal date, but herald wrangling/making sure nobody gets stab happy is always a brilliant substitute
  • One IC death, over all, for Urizen over the course of the weekend.
    Yes, sure, was one of the egregore hosts, but given the conjunction line ups were vicious and heavy on the ground, we did well.
    And it’s really nice to see that what my previous character’s big drive and organisation push was is still in play with how the physicks and healer’s of Urizen are organised

Not

  • Finding out, as we were just about to go through the Gate for the Sunday major conjunction, that one of the main objectives had to be walked through, rather than being built onto the set pieces for it.
    Which. That was, uh, less than ideal when the three heavy boards needed four people a piece to carry them from point to point. The boards were assigned to possibly the least armoured, skirmish bod section of Urizen’s maniples
  • An uptick in interactions that had me going “was that sexism because someone misread my IC and OC gender? Was that something I should actually be less than happy about?”
  • No Mhorrish and the substitute food place not being open for “sensible” (ie, before 1000) times breakfasts
  • Friday/Saturday night wind did kill one of the group pavilions in Urizen
1 Like