Well done folks, we survived E4, and the first year at the new site!
What needs doing now?
Cleaning up all your kit, including rubber bands off the weapons, mud off the cloaks, sweaty kit out of the rucksacks…
Wipe down the latex stuff, any armour, maybe oil the bits that need it, before you stick it away for 6 months.
Sort through the notes and pamphlets and paperwork you picked up, and file away the cool stuff…
I’m going to have to make notes as to what I need to do, to be honest. For comparism and accountability, mine will be a reply to this Feel free to join in…
I need to do some weapon work:
Strip the latex off my old shield (it’s the gold-rot stuff… a sander has been suggested)
Rebuild the handle of the shield.
Strip and rebuild the handle of my monstering sword.
Carefully check through and glue in place the one-piece fletchings on my crossbow bolts.
Social:
Feedback to PD re some awesome bits of site.
Rules query to PD re “can I make this change during downtime”.
Downtime, when it pops up. I have crafting to do and quests to go on
But that can all wait until after I’ve gotten this huge pile of camping stuff cleaned and stowed…
More “patching” on my sleeveless long where I got made into a pin cushion on Sunday battle
Design for IC engagement symbol/gift
Produce said IC engagement symbol/gift
Some kit rework for partner’s kit…mostly a more readily washable Y-belt
Maybe a new robe shaped object
IC/OC admin wise
See if there’s any player events I want to attend between now and E1 next year
Keep improving physical health so I can keep doing the message running when monstering
Write the time stamp re: getting the abstraction layer kids/younger citizens back to Ember’s Wake from their extended holiday at Tziporah’s Chase in Reikos
Feedback email to PD over assorted bits (especially the thing mentioned as a very Not Happy in the froth thread)
Well two of our chairs have finally given up the ghost, so they’ll need replacing sadly! They’ve had good innings though
Same goes for one of our packing boxes - we have a set of two that nest, which we then use separately for storing OC things in the tent. It’s only the outer box thankfully, but it’s a pity since they are matching.
I definitely want to look at our tent lighting situation, see if we can improve things there!
The biggest thing is probably considering an awning; being able to sit outside the tent in a way that doesn’t leave us wet/sunburned would be grand!
I know there’ll be other things along admin lines or just sorting stuff, but those are the ones I’ve got actively written down coming out of the event. A pity that they all involve spending money!