Quick question - fleurs de lys

Is the Fleur de Lys a motif which is used in Empire? If so, do they have a special meaning or significance? Or are they preferred in any particular nation/conclave order/synod assembly/whatever?

Just wondering: I’m doing some slashing for a doublet and am pondering what motifs to use.

Fleur de lys pop up in 3 articles on the wiki, two of which are linked to the Eternal known as Callidus.

Power, Corruption, and Lies

Callidus

Praise of Tontines

I think you may also see the Flur de Lys in some Dawnish kit because of their association with flowers, but I haven’t found an example I can post for you.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve definitely seen fleur-de-lis on the field, a couple of times in Dawn and at least once in the League - they’ve always been relatively small though, normally as part of a pattern rather than a main focus or motif.

As Kai says, they have a link to the Eternal Callidus (over all three of the pages), so that’s worth keeping in mind (even if nobody brings it up, it’s good to be know!).

2 Likes

Good to know! My daughter will probably be wearing her blue Tudor princess dress since it’s a lovely blue, and feels suitable for the League, but it does have a fleur de Lys motif on the front panel.

2 Likes