Reminder - True Liao Vision records on the wiki!

A heads up for anyone, new to the game or an old hand, who might be interested in reading more about True Liao Visions: the Seer of the Gateway page on the wiki gets updated before every event with a new set of True Liao Vision accounts!

The accounts on the wiki are a year behind the events themselves - so the most recent ones published have been for Winter 379 YE, or E1 in 2016. More recent ones can be bought in uptime at events from the Seer herself (that’s my character).

Still, all the publicly-available visions before then are on the wiki in PDF booklet form, for you to print out and have your own copy - and when the earlier copies are updated IC, they get updated on the wiki too!

I’ve posted about this before and it is still a thing that is ongoing!

There was a Winds of Fortune about this a while back, but quite reasonably there won’t be a WoF about it every time, and not everyone checks Recent Changes on the wiki. So I hope this is useful as a reminder that these are on the wiki. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you’re interested in delving into the background or specific plot stuff at Empire this is a great place to start to get an idea of what has been learned. Also it’s a great example of what you can do as a player if you get stuck in to part of the gameworld and keep on going :smiley:. Oh yes they’re also a good read too A++ would be involved in True Liao Vision shenanigans again.

2 Likes

The publications of Echoes of the Labyrinth have been updated up to and including Spring 380 YE

https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Seer_of_the_Gateway#Publication

Any Imperial Citizen could have access to these. Feel free to print off your own copies.

Marvel at the transcendental adventures of:

• Dagon of the Shattered Tower (Highguard), accompanied by Izaak of the Shattered Tower (Highguard)
  • Anwir Ruis Farkas (Navarr), accompanied by Cerwynn Brackensong (Navarr)
  • Ysabel of the Handful of Dust (Brass Coast), accompanied by Asher of Felix’s Watch (Highguard)
  • Dušan Otecovna Zlata of the Fellowship of the Tangled Thorns (Varushka),
    accompanied by Maarit of the Circle of Zulgan-Tash (Varushka)
  • Levitia of Endsmeet (Urizen), accompanied by Maximillian of Endsmeet (Urizen)
  • Irada von Temeschwar (League), accompanied by Hywel Summercrow (Navarr)
  • Tanwyn Ankarien (Urizen), accompanied by Anna-Valeria of the Celestial Cascade (Urizen)

Also something that may not be clear to new players.
At the start of the game the Imperial Title “Seer of the Gateway” did not exist. Nor was there any requirement or expectation that anyone would attempt to interview and record the True Liao Visionaries.

It is possible that your character thinks this is a really bad idea.
It is possible that your character is a rampant fan of this idea and lavishly awaits.

I think it is a fantastic example of the sort of spaces and opportunities that exist within Empire to be exploited.

5 Likes

And following E3, there’s another update to include the visions from E3 of last year!

https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Seer_of_the_Gateway#Publication

New visions included from Summer Solstice 380 YE are:

• Jared of the Suns of Couros
  • Jericho of the Suns of Couros
  • Elka Gremani
  • Antonio Papageno di Sarvos
2 Likes

A reminder just before the first Empire event of 2018, for both new and old players: the Seer of the Gateway page on the wiki gets updated before every event with a new set of True Liao Vision accounts!

The accounts on the wiki are a year behind the events themselves - so the most recent ones published have been for Autumn 380 YE, or E4 in 2017. More recent ones can be bought in uptime at events from the Seer herself (that’s my character).

Still, all the publicly-available visions before then are on the wiki in PDF booklet form, for you to print out and have your own copy - and when the earlier copies are updated IC, they get updated on the wiki too!

I realise this is a bit late as a reminder, as the wiki might go offline shortly before and during the event itself, but this hopefully gives you a bit of time to have a look at the accounts and print them out if you want. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And a reminder before E2 - the records of True Liao Visions from E1 last year are up on the wiki.

Visionaries in this one are:

• Landon of Longridge
  • Kali Keen-Eye
  • Hengest Dun
  • Aubrietta de Gauvain
  • Lisabetta Giacomi von Holberg
  • Collwyn de Rondell

Yup, that’s the Empress in there. :slight_smile:

As usual, you’re welcome to print out the PDFs and make pamphlets and say you bought them, since that is why they’re on the wiki.

If you want more recent volumes (from E2 last year to E1 this year), you’ll need to find me in the field!

2 Likes

And for some more help with sustaining keen from E2 in the weeks until E3, the records of past life visions from E2 last year are now up on the wiki!

• Adelina Barossa
  • Aureliana di Sarvos
  • Corey Wayfarer

Come for the historical information, stay for the difficult moral choices! (Or vice versa.)

Also part of the update is making sure that a character who’s transitioned gender now has the correct name and pronouns in all the visions he was involved with. (Apologies for not doing this sooner!)

If you’re a visionary or a guide who wants your pronouns and/or name changing in the records, do let me know; it doesn’t take me much time to update them and if it’ll make things better for you I’m happy to do it.

3 Likes

A bit later than last time, but with a couple of weeks to go until E4 - the records of past life visions from E3 last year are now up on the wiki.

• Nihm Farkas
  • Thanmir Hrafnar
  • Garth of Renwaerd Hall
  • Sagua i Ezmara

As before, please do print out the PDFs and make pamphlets of them, as that’s why they’re on the wiki.

Following an opportunity in the Winds of Fortune that led to a Senate decision at E3 this year, these records are also (planned to be, at least) available across the whole Empire and also to anyone the Empire trades with.

So wherever you might want to have heard of them is good, even if it’s, say, Otkodov or somewhere even further away!

4 Likes

It’s a little over three weeks to go until E1, and the records of past life visions from E4 2017 are now on the wiki.

The visionaries in this one are:

• Vincent Vexille
  • Grandmother Asya
  • Achilles of Damakan’s Forge
  • Lorenzo “la Volpe” von Temeschwar

There’s also an update on the wiki about the reaction of foreign nations to the world-wide publication of Echoes, and you may find something fun and/or controversial in there too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Marad! <3

Gosh it’s been a while since I posted one of these.

Records of past life visions from E1 and E2 2018 are now on the wiki.

The visionaries in this are, from E1 2018:

• Asael of Cantiarch’s Hold
  • Ephron of Adina’s Charge
  • Nessetta Constanta

And from E2 2018:

• Sian Eternal
  • Dan Brackensong
  • Thomas Smith of Upwold (one of several Thomas Smiths in or from Upwold!)

There’s also a happy fun threat letter republished in a postscript. :slight_smile:

5 Likes