Somewhere to put your paperwork?

I’ve found myself accumulating all sorts of leaflets, notes, IC letters, newspapers and the like, stuff I want to be available to read (and other people to steal) but don’t necessarily need to keep on me like my notebook.

Previously at Maelstrom I used this bag from Darkblade which basically became my office. But I don’t fancy carrying my life round with me all the time again.

So how do you store all your paperwork at events?

I store most of my paperwork in my Apprentice, though I left her on another continent so these days I leave it with my retainers or bodyguards. I had to trim my claws off to write and hold documents myself now!

I do have a scrollcase on my belt I use, that is woefully underequipped for the role. I likely will get a new satchel for my doctoring tools and just deal with it.

In a coffer rather like this one - facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =3&theater

Being a brass Coast Hakima I tend to accumulate contracts - some of them not even involving my character, I was simply asked to witness them and retain a copy in case there is a dispute later…

Add in the fact that I’m a Day mage and my two most commonly used rituals require targetting by map, and I have a LOT of paperwork to deal with!

I have a long, narrow wooden box large enough to take several rolled A3 sheets (actually the presentation box a bottle of rather nice mead arrived in…) which I use to store paperwork - something similar should be sourceable on fleabay or (if you’re lucky) local charity shops.

Thanks Nik I’ve poked Douggie to see if he’s got any of those writing boxes I can see on his stall on his FB group as that’s what I’m after, lets see if I can persuade my sister to buy it me as a Birthday present :slight_smile:.

A good choice IMO :slight_smile:

We’ve got a couple in the Meade Scriptorium - facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =3&theater - and you can store lots in them, more than you’d think. IIRC they were £125 or there abouts. Well worth it IMO.

For Maelstrom I had an expanding document wallet in fake suede (Rymans used to sell them, but I don’t think they do anymore) and a satchel to put it in.

For Empire I’m not sure my solution would help you much - I’ve been trying to avoid anything on my shoulders, so everything has to go into A5 pouches off my belt. Might repurpose the document wallet for storing docs off the field, though.

[quote=“Anwar”]Being a brass Coast Hakima I tend to accumulate contracts - some of them not even involving my character, I was simply asked to witness them and retain a copy in case there is a dispute later…

Add in the fact that I’m a Day mage and my two most commonly used rituals require targetting by map, and I have a LOT of paperwork to deal with!

I have a long, narrow wooden box large enough to take several rolled A3 sheets (actually the presentation box a bottle of rather nice mead arrived in…) which I use to store paperwork - something similar should be sourceable on fleabay or (if you’re lucky) local charity shops.[/quote]

Brass coast scrivener here. I am starting to struggle to find a decent way of storing all the contracts I have on my person. I hope you don’t mind if I pinch this idea? I have the perfect box, just as you describe.

I am accumulating pretty swiftly too. I have a scroll case I customised out of a wooden bottle holder (that I keep leaving places and then having to retrieve), a rather fetching black leather bag for carrying the “Codex Volodny”, and another wooden scroll case that will be for passing messages.

I am building a back catalogue of newspapers that I can’t be bothered to transport, and a collection of canvas maps that I will need to keep in the IC tent, so I’ll be on the look out to.

I use a metal lattice box like this (but with a floral rather than circular pattern). Not ideal for everyone, but it’s cheap, and I feel it’s something I can get away with using in an Urizen office.
For carrying papers around I have a black suede satchel of about A4 size that I got from the Viking Store, and I’ve seen similar used by other people.

For carrying I have a nice handmade leather messengers sachel which I am deciding if I paint runes onto or leave plain for future use in other systems.

I definitely need a better filing system though, it’s all beginning to build up!

As a possible point of interest, I noticed they had leather(ish) satchels in The Works the other day for £15 each. Colours might be a little … extreme (unless you’re Brass Coast!) but worth a look.