Varushkan Stories

With Varushka so heavily based on Grimm and other traditional Central/Eastern European folklore, I feel like it is worthwhile to turn that around, and Empir-ify some of the lesser-known of these stories for use in-game, possibly with the intention to produce & “publish” a collection.

Anyone thought along similar lines or got any suitable stories to share?

Sovereign of the River is my initial offering - a modification of Grimm 181 “Nixie of the Mill Pond”.

1 Like

OooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooh. :smiley: Tasty tale, grunkle.

(I’m afraid I don’t have any more to add but wanted to say that I liked it).

0 Likes

Eeeeee!

My partner and I wrote a number of fairytales for another game (Twisted Tales) which were mostly about not trusting the fair-folk, listening to your elders and staying on the goddamned path; we’re working on adapting them for the Varushkan repetoire. So this is very definitely relevant to my interests.

0 Likes

[quote=“CogGirl”]Eeeeee!

My partner and I wrote a number of fairytales for another game (Twisted Tales) which were mostly about not trusting the fair-folk, listening to your elders and staying on the goddamned path; we’re working on adapting them for the Varushkan repetoire. So this is very definitely relevant to my interests.[/quote]

I suspect we should have an IC conversation at some point then. Find me at the Embers’ fire after dark.

Some friends tried to get me to go to Twisted Tales, but my Slack-demon prevented it.

0 Likes

Just seen this. Jeff and I wrote a whole load of Varushkan Stories based on Grimms and other fairytales. I believe I might have given a physrep of the book with all the stories to one of the groups in Varushka…

2 Likes

I’m actually working on something like this at the moment, I’m an illustrator and bookbinder, so I thought it would be nice to have some varushkan storybooks, just trying to come up with a few more stories :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have plenty of stories, but if you want them then you’ll have to earn them!

2 Likes

That sounds ominous…

1 Like

Varushka! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Varushka! toasts

Sorry (not sorry).

2 Likes

You’re welcome to use mine. Appropriate attributions are on the title page.

I’ve done very little more towards anything else in the past year.

2 Likes

Jason in our group has written a few,
One or two become the basis for a couple of plots at our player event the other week.
I think every just about every Varushkan has at least one story in them, but seeing a few more collections would be great.

4 Likes