What kind of food is on offer at events?

I was just wondering what kind of fare is available on site and how much things tend to cost?

Don’t know for certain which caterers will be at any given event, but in about descending order of likelihood there will be…

Almost certainly:

Feast on the OOC field - generic catering - Burgers, morning fry-ups, fairly simple meals - chilli, pasta bakes, etc.

Mhorish on the IC field. Similar. More adventurous with the meals.

Right Wok (Noodle Man) on the OOC field. Essentially a mobile Chinese Takeaway/Noodle Bar.

Maybe:

Curry Knights On the OOC field. Veggie curries. Also does pancake-based breakfasts. Has operated in a more limited capacity at some events.

Tykes IC Marcher restaurant, so traditional English. May no longer be operating.

Applebees Mobile Coffee van. Think they’ve stopped coming.

Expect to pay ~£6 for a meal. More at Tykes if they’re around, less if you decide to eat at Mhorish all weekend and buy a weekend pass.

There are a number of player run vendors selling for IC money, but they’re snacks & cakes rather than proper meals.

Thanks, very helpful

There are generally a few places that will feed you for IC money as well - off the top of my head the Applewood in the Marches does cheese boards, the Mandowla (also the Marches) does pies, the Calf’s Head in Varushka generally does at least one ‘here’s a whole animal cooked over a fire’ meal, and I keep hearing rumours of a packed lunch service somewhere in the Navarr.

Curry Knights pancakes are amazing and an inevitable stop at silly-o-clock in the morning when we finally admit defeat in the ‘trying to go to every bar’ pubcrawl.

Ha, I know not of this, defeat, merely of empty wallet.

[quote=“CogGirl”]There are generally a few places that will feed you for IC money as well - off the top of my head the Applewood in the Marches does cheese boards, the Mandowla (also the Marches) does pies, the Calf’s Head in Varushka generally does at least one ‘here’s a whole animal cooked over a fire’ meal, and I keep hearing rumours of a packed lunch service somewhere in the Navarr.

Curry Knights pancakes are amazing and an inevitable stop at silly-o-clock in the morning when we finally admit defeat in the ‘trying to go to every bar’ pubcrawl.[/quote]

Bronwen’s Rest in Navarr. Brown ridge tent, outside the woods, very close to the field entrance.
Booking before the event is advised, especially if you have particular dietary requirements. Contact Rosemary Warner on Facebook.
Delivery is extra, if you are really unlucky it might get delivered by me.

Can anyone tell me what the mhorish weekend pass entails?

You pay upfront for a weekend’s worth of food - it’s normally about £4-5/meal, but I can’t remember the details.

They give you a card to track it, and you get three meals a day and all the tea, coffee and squash you can consume.

Cheers.

[quote=“Isca”]

[quote=“CogGirl”]There are generally a few places that will feed you for IC money as well - off the top of my head the Applewood in the Marches does cheese boards, the Mandowla (also the Marches) does pies, the Calf’s Head in Varushka generally does at least one ‘here’s a whole animal cooked over a fire’ meal, and I keep hearing rumours of a packed lunch service somewhere in the Navarr.

Curry Knights pancakes are amazing and an inevitable stop at silly-o-clock in the morning when we finally admit defeat in the ‘trying to go to every bar’ pubcrawl.[/quote]

Bronwen’s Rest in Navarr. Brown ridge tent, outside the woods, very close to the field entrance.
Booking before the event is advised, especially if you have particular dietary requirements. Contact Rosemary Warner on Facebook.
Delivery is extra, if you are really unlucky it might get delivered by me.[/quote]

Thanking you kindly!

There are also very many player-run venues which will give you IC tea and cake for IC money. The Brass Coast in particular is full of tea shops, but most nations have some.

TEA!!!

Can anyone tell me how much the mhorish card is?

I’ve never bought one so I’m afraid I don’t know, but here’s a link to their facebook page: facebook.com/mhorish.goodfood

I believe about £45.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

The coffee-shop-come-cocktail-bar in the League is one the better half is particularly fond of.

Oooooooo.

Nothing from mhorish yet, anyone got a roundabout for meal ticket prices?

Curry Knights will be at E3 this weekend serving Curry and Pancakes as well as Cakes, Muffins, Hot & Cold Drinks and fried egg baps!

We are doing 2 curries at lunch and 3 curries each evening and will be serving hopefully on Thursday evening and as long as we can on Sunday. We do pancakes all day which are made to order.

Come by for a try and don’t forget, you get a free biscuit with your hot drinks! We also accept crew meal tokens and will be happy for you to explore your own pancake filling combinations!