Corespondents

It seems i wont be able to get to Empire for a while (a couple years probably). I live in America and my (long-shot) plans for getting there have fallen through. I have had a lot of fun talking with you all here on the forum (and a slightly embarrassing amount of fun reading the wiki :joy: ). However, I want to get more involved in a small way (sharing opinions and ideas), i want to hear stories of things that happened in the field (the archmage of spring had a meeting with ultra-violent shark people, now there is a new archmage. :open_mouth:) and hear details of things that interest me.

This is why i want to try a pen pal(s).

I have heard of people doing this, but with actual letters through the mail. This would be through PMs on this forum, but i dont know of any other details that would need to established.

I know there is a rule that says “if it can happen on the field it should happen on the field” and it is a good rule, it provides as much game for the field as possible. There is also a rule that says “Every IC communication you have between events is one you cannot have face to face.”. The problem is, there literally is no way for me to do anything on the field, so i can not have face to face interactions.

Comments, questions, suggestions or takers? Im a bit nervous suggesting this, but i think this could be really enjoyable for me and whoever wants to correspond.

Edit:
Character- Jaredus of Exile Spiral, Urizen sentinal. born in spiral 25 years ago grew up in canterspire. joined a resistance group in spiral at 16. has been fighting there ever since. recently rediscovered an old printing press, witnessed the horrors of the black plateau, became leader of his spiral (exile spiral) and wants to tell people. The spiral is his Arte.

Edit Edit: I have contacted PD and have been given the go-ahead/ blessing to do this.

1 Like

So yeah alot of that is about trying to stop all the important decisions happening before hand, Considering how quickly the events of Empire change honestly I doubt this is going to deprive you of any game. It might give you a edge over another new player when you turn up, but considering it’s been running for years I’m of the opinion I’m happy to give as much help to new players as they can take, so yeah go for it.

In terms of takers some idea of your character might help.

2 Likes

Character- Jaredus of Exile Spiral, Urizen sentinal. born in spiral 25 years ago grew up in canterspire. joined the citadel guard at 16. has been fighting there ever since as the leader of a small resistance group (military unit). recently rediscovered an old printing press, witnessed the horrors of the black plateau and wants to tell people. The spiral is his Arte.

i went ahead and put this above. too much? too little? what else?

I would query this with PD. Generally to take part in Empire you need to come to an event.

Update

I have been in communication with Matt P and other members of PD and have been given the go ahead to correspond IC with the great and good (and otherwise) of the Empire.

If you are interested please PM me. If you have a question let me know.

Also, calling @ChessyPig

Now that E4 is over, and there is a six-month wait until the next even, I thought i would bring this post back up. I’ve had a couple of penpals so far, but if anyone is looking for a bit more game over the dry season send me a PM and we can work out the IC and OOC details :grinning:

1 Like