Dragons - Real or not?

Thule
Across the northern mountains, beyond Wintermark and Varushka, lies the cold land of Otkodov, where the Dragons rule.
profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Thule

Dragons, Wyverns and Wyrms
Unfortunately, dragons appear to be extinct in the mortal realm if they ever existed there.
profounddecisions.co.uk/empi … _and_Wyrms

Which is it? We’re planning to use it on our heraldry, and association with Thule is a little weird.

‘Dragon’ is a Thule term for their leaders - who are presumably old, powerful orc magicians rather than big scaly lizards.

It’s explained in the rest of the Thule page.

If drakes don’t exist then SOMETHING sold the Conclave a fake egg :slight_smile:

But yeah - the Dragons of the Thule are just people. Pretty hardcore people, but just people.

You can probably find actual dragons in the Summer Realm. Be very glad that they’re stuck there :stuck_out_tongue:

I imagine there’s a part of the Summer Realm that’s rather like the parallel dimension where the Dragons went in Guards! Guards!

But it’s probably not on anyone’s list of holiday destinations…

facebook.com/groups/4016333 … 188966813/

Dragons. Totally extinct or only available in the Summer Realm.

Unless you’re Dawnish.

[quote=“Vince”]Redirecting...

Dragons. Totally extinct or only available in the Summer Realm.

Unless you’re Dawnish.[/quote]

Available from certain exclusive stockists elsewhere, at UNBELIEVABLE prices, no, seriously, how long are your horns, no, you aren’t physiologically equipped to believe these prices.

profounddecisions.co.uk/empi … ane_beasts
Drakes are however real.

Just to add (and it’s kind of intentionally a bit confusing):

1. Thule Dragons” - NOT DRAGONS - old, possibly immortal, probably orcs whose title is “Dragon”. It occurs to me right this moment that it’s also apparently a title used by the KKK which is making me chuckle.

2. Drakes”- NOT DRAGONS - big lizards, inspired by my love of the drakes in D&D 4th edition. They fill a niche as “bad mundane horrors” and would look like anything that might appear in either Jurassic Park movie or a Harryhausen flick, as imagined by mandala. Found all over the world, especially in the distant jungles of Sumaah where they grow quite big.

3. Wyverns”- NOT DRAGONS - real, but probably drakes. Big two-legged drakes who are probably venomous.

4. "Dragonbone - NOT DRAGONS - real material, with a misleading name, that is probably a type of ceramic rather than anything to do with dragons.

5. "Giant Bones - PROBABLY NOT DRAGONS - big bones turn up from time to time, especially in Ossuary. Could be the bones of extinct dragons, could be the bones of very large extinct drakes. Hard to say one way or another. Someone should collect a full skeleton together and use Winter magic on it to see what it looked like alive.

6. “Wyrms” - NOT DRAGONS - similar to clever, riddling dragon archetypes or winged serpents. Inhabitants of the Night Realm. Shapechangers, at least one of which appears as a fat man with bat-ears.

7. Dragons” - DRAGONS - might be real but there are none in the world, either because there never was or because they died out. May exist in Summer realm because Summer realm is full of legendary beasts. Speculated to be big, awesome engines of destruction.

[quote=“Andy Raff”]
Speculated to be big, awesome engines of destruction.[/quote]

…the King’s Stoke bill block is a dragon?

Yes, but only because people connect metaphors and symbols together. It’s no coincidence that the Thule leaders call themselves “Dragons” and not “Unicorns” or “Chimera”.

You know what I should do? I should go tell the Green Mother what a dragon is.

make someone ELSE tell

and maybe they could lie a little

Just talking about dragons in any concept or form makes my heart skip and mind wander!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appendox i. The Surrani (Iron confederacy in common parlance) worship their “’”""’“Gods”"’"""’’" in a Dragon form.

Well yeah, but that is because the Iron Confed religion appears to be a Night Eternals Mystery Cult

Having played Dragon Age I don’t find that remotely ominous or anything. Nope. Not at all.

On the plus side at least the Surrani don’t really do magic so unlikely to do a Tevinter and have some power-mad idiots attempt to rip a hole into the Labyrinth and unleash horrid abominations on all and sundry. :smiley:

[quote=“MorganWD”]

Having played Dragon Age I don’t find that remotely ominous or anything. Nope. Not at all.

On the plus side at least the Surrani don’t really do magic so unlikely to do a Tevinter and have some power-mad idiots attempt to rip a hole into the Labyrinth and unleash horrid abominations on all and sundry. :smiley:[/quote]

If we could see a golden city from the Hall of Worlds, how long do you think it would be until we went there?

[quote=“Iulian”]

On the plus side at least the Surrani don’t really do magic so unlikely to do a Tevinter and have some power-mad idiots attempt to rip a hole into the Labyrinth and unleash horrid abominations on all and sundry. :smiley:

If we could see a golden city from the Hall of Worlds, how long do you think it would be until we went there?[/quote]

Depends on how much of a headache we want to give Plot

[quote=“Iulian”]

If we could see a golden city from the Hall of Worlds, how long do you think it would be until we went there?[/quote]

As long as it takes to walk from the Hall of Worlds tent to the audience tents.

Srsly, you’re in the wrong realm for golden cities. I was keeping my eye out for pesky little children and golden condors when I went…

Edit: Damn. Got Prospero’s City of Bridges mixed up with Ephisis’… anyway…

profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Ephisis

So if I understand this correctly, Andy called Linette a drake.