Eternals and getting into that side of the game

Tis I! The seeker of all knowledge! Or just pestering folks on the forums and facebook, basically the same thing.

Now, this is a very long term goal, as I’m very new to empire, but I want to contact an eternal. Now, I know the most reliable way is to become an arch mage, which is a whole process, but I want to know of other ways they can be contacted, as the position of arch mage comes with all sorts of other stuff and will be hotly contested for, I assume.

I’m also having a hard time deciding which eternal to go for. So far I have 5 in mind: Rhianos, Ossegrahn, Lashonar, Phaleron and Roshanwe (I hope I spelled them correctly). As you may know, they are all of different realms, and as a changeling, only one of them is in my speciality realm, being Rhianos. Anyone who has encountered them, or their heralds, do you have any wisdom for me, or anything about what they are like in play? I’ve chosen these 5 as some of them fit my character Merry’s goals and some she feels like a paragon of (in the way that she has a lot of traits they would enjoy in a servant). I can go into depth as needs be, but in the comments, as this post is long enough already. Thank you so much in advance, fellow mages!

For contacting Eternals, keep an eye on the magical Winds of Fortune, speak to Heralds in the field, visit the Hall of Worlds…

Not a part of the game I know much, so I’ll let others expand on this…:slight_smile:

1 Like

There have been some solid guides written out there regards this, i think on the FB group?

Id be careful of the blasphemy IC ofc :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s the guide for getting into the Eternal game.

2 Likes

Similar thread with tips here: Super interested in the Eternal Game

2 Likes

I’d be wary of getting your hopes up too much on any specific eternals, unless you’re an archmage you’ve got no guarantee of being able to interact with any specific ones. Having a list which interests you is better because there’s more chance plot will come up for at least one of them which you can get involved in. A lot of eternal interaction comes down to luck, if you come across one which wasn’t one you had in mind but what it’s doing seems fun don’t turn it down and wait for a more interesting one. Even if the one you liked the look of better does show up later, there’s no reason not to be involved in both.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m trying to keep my expectations low, as this will probably be something I get into after a few games, and have settled in so to speak. I mostly chose those eternals as I thought my character would either want something from them, or have a lot of the traits they like. Granted, I havent seen them in play, and as you say, the only guarantee of contacting one is by being an archmage, so I may have to wait and see which ones catch my eye. Or I can just become best mates with an arch mage.

1 Like

Trying to become best mates with an archmage is a pretty good strategy. As well as chasing plot it gives you a reason to interact with other players.

2 Likes