Icons and Talismans

I have been toying around with Empire religious art for a while and I thought I would share what I’ve come up with so far.

This one is an Icon of Zemress, with a fragment of wood from the hull of The Kracken’s Bane. Intended for use as an Icon of the Hearth (you can consecrate ships, right?).

0 Likes

This one is an Icon of Aldones di Sarvos and is intended to be worn.

0 Likes

And then I started painting Eternals… Basically because there is a lot more information about them on the Wiki.

So we have Elonaris, again intended to be worn, but unfortunately overtaken by events.

0 Likes

However, everyone loves Basileus Kade.

A triptych this time, for variety.

0 Likes

And Lashonar.

The item is intended for use as a Flickering Flame coven stone and the pale cabochons glow in the dark.

0 Likes

And also heraldry.

Intended as an Alderman’s Edge, with Griffin and griffin claw.

0 Likes

Oh hell yes :slight_smile: Those are lovely. Though obviously the Exemplars and Paragons are better than the perfidious eternals :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Perfidious Eternals have descriptions… Paragons and Exempars mostly don’t. :smiley:

Although I am working on an Icon of the Sentinel (for use as an Icon of the Forge). Architectural plan of appropriate Sentinel attributed building, plus fragment of masonry, etc.

0 Likes

I can supply you with our version of the Zoria myth, if you want a better story of a Paragon. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Wow, those are beautiful!

0 Likes

Those are just wonderful, would you consider selling them for OC or IC money?
I know I would be interested at least

0 Likes

Zemress one looks good, also for your information, the ship is her legacy and is currently role-played as a congregation by the family of Ezmara also straight from the wiki:

The Kraken’s Bane is considered an, albeit slightly unusual, legacy. It is housed in a specially erected dry dock in the city of Calvos and is the destination of many pilgrims. Slivers of keel timber are mounted in medals with ribbon necklaces and The Honour of the Kraken is awarded as one of the highest honours to those heroes of the Empire who have performed charitable and/or valorous acts for the sake of others.

come around at the event to the *Brazen Parador * which is operated by her family :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I plan to sell them IC. (Which is why they are not in the Trader thread, here’s hoping the moderators concur).

I will be wandering around the camps at the Winter Solstice, or you could look for Elaine Brightsmith (Dawnish yeoman).

These are one of a kind pieces, so a copy won’t appear (at least not made by me). But I will probably do a new group for the Summer Solstice.

0 Likes

Then I look forward to searching you out on the field :slight_smile:

0 Likes

These are fantastic! Really nice work!

0 Likes

And one more icon for E1.

Empress Richilde, Paragon of Pride.

Because, well… Dawn.

0 Likes

lovely work as all ways :slight_smile:

0 Likes

New talismans for Summer.

First is an Icon of the Pilgrim featuring Paragon Vardas.

The reverse shows my first attempt at polymer clay dragonbone.

0 Likes

Continuing with the vigilance theme we have a talisman of the Sentinel.

Also useful for enhancing castings of the fortress rituals (through girding hearth magic).

1 Like

The last one was inspired by a discussion about Bannerman’s Bands at the Winter Solstice, with a horse as a symbol of loyalty on the reverse and a piece of horse bone on the obverse

0 Likes