Need some help with character

I’m trying to create a character, but I’m having a bit of trouble getting my head round what nation and archetype and all that stuff would be best.

I will probably be attending solo, so I decided to go with the classic “wandering adventurer” type, the kind of person who is mostly self sufficient with various skills and can happily survive in the wild, all while encountering various people and doing odd jobs. The plan is to find a group to potentially join, with that backstory then adding something like “in my latest quest I came across a family slaughtered by barbarians, so I journeyed to Anvil to help the war effort.”

What nation would be best for this? I’m thinking Navarr, but I’m not sure.

Thanks for the help.

Navarr is a good choice, I’d also look at a Varushkan Warden: https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Warden

2 Likes

While you are intending to find a group to join, I can also reccomend this thread:

for playing solo until you do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had a look at it, that certainly does fir the bill. Maybe even better than what I already had in mind. Thanks

1 Like

That gives me some hope I might be able to make it solo. Maybe I’ll give it a shot at my first event, then decide from there.

1 Like

“Wandering adventurer type , the kind of person who is mostly self sufficient with various skills and can happily survive in the wild, all while encountering various people and doing odd jobs.”

Basically aside from the Imperial Orcs (Orcs really need community) every nation has some level of itinerant archetype. Here is a quick list of possible concepts mostly off the top of my head.

Highguard: Unconquered (Self sufficient guerrilla fighters), Wayfarers (Wandering priests,missionaries.)
Dawn: Knight Errants/ Questing knights (Travellers seeking renown.) Gusiers (Wandering performers/mages)
Marchers: Beaters (Roaming Police), Mummers (Wandering performers/mages), Landskeepers (Mages who wander between communities helping the connection with the land.)
League: Travelling merchant (Probably less wildey)
Wintermark: Mammoth herder, pretty much anyone from the Suaq (Living in the frozen north.)
Varuska: Volhov (Itinerant mages who deal with deals and divination), Warden (Monster hunter), Storyteller (Priest and teller of story)
Freeborn: Corsair (Pirates)
Urizen: Torchbearer (Historians dedicated to keep the empire honest.)
Navarr: Yeah the entire of Navarr

Thanks for the answers. After some more consideration, it seems like Warden is the way to go.

1 Like